Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Receiving a PR card once landed 

Ancikina
Ancikina

Posted On: 7/8/2022
Ancikina
Ancikina
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with understanding how can I receive my PR card under the urgent process. I have landed in Toronto three days ago and I will be able to stay here for around 6 weeks. As my PR took too long to be approved, I need to go back to my home country and finish my work contract with my current company and all I got for activating my PR status is 6 weeks off.

The immigration person on the border, who was really polite, told me that there is a way I could send my passport to Ottawa and receive a PR visa with which I could travel back to my country and later on back to Canada, but I didn't manage to find more information online.

I was also wondering if it is possible to give my friends postal address to receive my PR card if it arrives once I am back in my country.

Thank you in advance!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/8/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

Ancikina wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with understanding how can I receive my PR card under the urgent process. I have landed in Toronto three days ago and I will be able to stay here for around 6 weeks. As my PR took too long to be approved, I need to go back to my home country and finish my work contract with my current company and all I got for activating my PR status is 6 weeks off.

The immigration person on the border, who was really polite, told me that there is a way I could send my passport to Ottawa and receive a PR visa with which I could travel back to my country and later on back to Canada, but I didn't manage to find more information online.

I was also wondering if it is possible to give my friends postal address to receive my PR card if it arrives once I am back in my country.

Thank you in advance!

1. The Customs officer was wrong. You can only get a PR Travel Document overseas.
2. There is no urgent processing for the initial PR card, the posted processing time is 65 days.
3. Yes you can give your friends address and s/he can forward the card to you.
link