Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeProfessions and Trades

Information and questions related to employment in professions and trades, regulated and unregulated, in Ontario.

Does my employer receive a tax benefit? 

out19
out19

Posted On: 8/4/2022
out19
out19
Hello,

Just for curiosity, is there any way to find out through public/shared information if the company I work for is getting tax benefits or any other type of benefit for hiring me as an immigrant? I am under permanent residency for 3 years now and they hired me last year. If yes, how does that work for them?

The reason I ask is because it is a small company and there is not much stuff for me to do that justifies my employment, besides it is not a very welcome environment for an immigrant like me.

Thank you.
link

Posted On: 8/23/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

Depending on the industry and workplace, the funding stream that funds your position could come from a variety of avenues. If you have any questions about what your rights are in your particular situation regarding how you're treated and valued, the Workers Action Centre has an infoline at (416) 531-0778 or 1-855-531-0778 to help workers get information about their rights and support with strategies to resolve the issue.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
niamul21
niamul21

Posted On: 11/8/2022
niamul21
niamul21
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Just for curiosity, is there any way to find out through public/shared information if the company I work for is getting tax benefits or any other type of benefit for hiring me as an immigrant? I am under permanent residency for 3 years now and they hired me last year. If yes, how does that work for them?

The reason I ask is because it is a small company and there is not much stuff for me to do that justifies my employment, besides it is not a very welcome environment for an immigrant like me.

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing this info here.
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 2/6/2024
alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 2/12/2024
alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 2/14/2024
alexcray
alexcray
out19 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Does your employer own the laptop and simply allow you to use it for work purposes? Or do they gift it to you and allow you personal use as well? The ownership structure plays a significant role in whether the employer receives a tax benefit.
link