Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Cousin's daughter Sponsor Refusal - Need to appeal 

Canuck788
Canuck788

Posted On: 9/20/2022
Canuck788
Canuck788
Here's the back story.

I have been assisting my cousin in sponsoring under the Family class her two children age 18 and 21 prior to applying for permanent residence.

We sent the original application in March, after which it was sent back in late April due to some translation required for some documents. We completed the official translations and sent it back in early May.

Mind you the issue stems from the fact that her older daughter 21 turned 22 on April 21st of this year. Anyways in between then and now requests were sent for Biometrics and later for medical exam all completed today.

Just a few hours ago I got an email saying that her daughter is not eligible for Family Class due to her age being 22.

Can I appeal this and would I have success. Anybody with experience with an issue similar to this?

Please advise.
link

Posted On: 12/20/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

We called IRCC and confirmed that IRCC assesses the age of applicants at the time they receive and approve an application. Since your application was sent back around the time of her birthday, you may wish to contact IRCC directly through their webform explaining your situation and request an exemption to be assessed based on the date you originally sent your application in March. You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation.
We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link