Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Extreme delay receiving renewed PR card 

IW2022
IW2022

Posted On: 12/6/2022
IW2022
IW2022
Hi there,

I am not a resident of Ontario but am at a loss on where to turn and came across this helpful webpage. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction on who to contact regarding my situation regarding my renewed PR card which I have yet to receive:

April 20th, 2022: received email from Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS stating my PR card renewal application had been received

1st follow-up call on August 30 with agent #5021: I was informed my PR card was returned to the Sydney office because it was sent to the wrong address and couldn't be delivered. I was told it would take 6 weeks for my file to be processed again and my card sent out to the correct address.

2nd follow-up call on Oct 17 with agent #5050: This day I was informed that my file had not been worked on yet and another note in my file was made to speed up the mailing of my PR card.

Since Oct 19th I've been calling the centre in Sydney on a regular basis multiple times per week without any success in getting through. The phone system simply hangs up after navigating it for multiple minutes informing me that the system is overloaded. It is extremely frustrating to not even be able to speak to anyone regarding my renewed PR card and am hoping you can help me find direct contact information for someone working at the Sydney location who can help me receive my PR card promptly as it has now become an urgent matter.

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you (email preferred).

Regards
link

Posted On: 12/12/2022
Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to Settlement.Org, we understand that this can be a difficult situation. It sounds like you have made all the right steps in contacting IRCC for an update regarding your application. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may find it helpful to check processing times using the calculator on the IRCC website.

It may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

In the meantime, if you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link