Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR renewal application over 4 years 

mkashani1360
mkashani1360

Posted On: 1/17/2023
mkashani1360
mkashani1360
Hi
My father sent the PR renewal application on Jan 2019 with no response. He followed up online but just asked to refer to the application statute, which only says it is processing. They received the document in Jan 2019.
I am missing a couple of weeks to fulfil the time (2 years) due to my sick sister, and I provided the documents.
What Should I do for a follow-up? Any phone number to call ...
link

Posted On: 1/31/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

For updates related to your specific case it is best that you contact IRCC using their web form. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application.

IRCC may take humanitarian and compassionate reasons into consideration for an extended stay outside of Canada. This is up to IRCC and it would be best for you to contact the local visa office or IRCC via the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Client Support Centre to get more details about your specific applications and what kind of supporting documents you may require. You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation.

If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not have a valid PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link