Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLandlord and Tenant Information and Issues

Landlord/tenant rights, dealing with problems, where to get help...

Tenant gave false information 

arrondee
arrondee

Posted On: 3/26/2023
arrondee
arrondee
My tenant hasn't paid her rent this month and I am unable to communicate with her after an initial offer by her to pay later this month. After a closer look at her references from previous landlords and her work references, I find that the references are fake and that her work reference is a forgery on headed notepaper, the company denying she has ever worked there.
I have posted an N4 for eviction for non payment of rent, but cannot reach her by phone or e-mail, she just doesn't answer. What rights do I have to evict as she has uttered forged documents and made false declarations to obtain a rental lease for my property?
link

Posted On: 3/31/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may want to contact the Landlord and Tenant Board at 1(888)332-3234 for advice regarding your situation. The advice you receive may vary depending on the context of your living situation (roommates, landlord/tenant, etc.). You may also want to contact the nearest Community Legal Clinic for some advice regarding your situation. You can find the nearest one by using this tool here. Steps to Justice also has a compiled list of programs and services in housing law that may be helpful.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link