Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeDaily Life

Communications, Consumer Protection, Personal Finance, Shopping, Transportation, Weddings and Funerals...

Greener Homes Rebate Program 

RebateTaken
RebateTaken

Posted On: 4/18/2023
RebateTaken
RebateTaken
This program requires immediate government intervention. This was originally designed and implemented to assist Canadians in retrofiting their homes to both save money and improve our carbon footprint. What is completely rampent throughout the industry is price gouging by the contractors who have ALL substantially increased their pricing to take the rebate monet for themselves.
When you call the contractors they will all advise you to apply for the rebates. In the example (I just experienced this) for attic insulation, the contractor insists I'll qualify for the full $1,800 rebate. The Home Auditor upon testing, said I would only qualify for the minimum $600 rebate. The 3 Insulation companies I have reached out to, all have very high prices to take the rebates. The exact same thing is happening with Heat Pumps. I am struggling to afford propane for winter heating. The cost of a Heat Pump howevr has doubled over the past 2 years now with the rebates of $5,000 being offered, I can no longer afford for a Heat Pump when the rebates are taken by the contractors.

Please review how this program is ACTUALLY working for the people and revamp with measures in place to enure the rebates are helping the people and not the contractors.
link

Posted On: 4/30/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This would be valuable feedback for Natural Resources Canada on the Canada Greener Homes Grant, you may want to reach out to them directly to share this information with them as well.

Here is their contact information below:

Business hours
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern time)
Grant inquiries
Email: canadagreenerhomesgrant-subventionmaisonsvertes@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Phone: 1-833-674-8282
TTY: 1-800-465-7735
Loan inquiries
Phone: 1-866-292-9517
Email: [email protected]

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link