Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Online renewal status 

MalCanada
MalCanada

Posted On: 4/24/2023
MalCanada
MalCanada
Hi,

I applied for renewal for my card on January 8, 2023. However, I have not received my card and it has been 106 days today and the processing time estimate is 65 days. The status still shows SUBMITTED. The View button is disabled and there is no other info that I can find. I submitted a query form online to ask about my application. I am travelling out of Canada on June 4th for 10 days and I'm extremely nervous that I won't get the card back before I leave considering there is a strike now. What can I do now? Did anyone apply online and got your new card?

Thank you so much.
link

Posted On: 4/30/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. You took the right steps by contacting IRCC about this situation. In the meantime, if you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

Here is an excerpt:
Ideally, you should wait until you have your Permanent Resident (PR) card. If you must leave Canada, you should apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document from a Canadian visa office abroad as soon as you reach your destination.

The only official documents that permanent residents of Canada can use to travel back to Canada on a commercial carrier (by air, land or sea) are the PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), also known as a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) issued by a Canadian visa office abroad.
If you are entering Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, and you do not present your PR card, you may be able to show other immigration documents.
For more information, read Do I really need a PR card to travel back to Canada?

It is important that you check the expiry date of your PR card before you travel. If you need to renew it, you should apply before you travel.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
jlp
jlp

Posted On: 5/19/2023
jlp
jlp
Did you able to received your PR card?
link