Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Application PR card status "SUBMITTED" 

jlp
jlp

Posted On: 5/18/2023
jlp
jlp
Hi everyone! I submitted my application for or card renewal last april and checked my status online still SUBMITTED. I'll be going home to our native country this October. My question is I can still leave canada even without valid PR card? Maybe that the time I going back to canada my pr card is renewed already.Can my family members send it to me in our native country? Anyone experience this before?
link

Posted On: 5/31/2023
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Based on information on the IRCC website, you will likely need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document to return to Canada without a PR card. According to this IRCC Help Centre article:
If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here. You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link