Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

PR want to sponsor my niece 

jammywammy
jammywammy

Posted On: 5/28/2023
jammywammy
jammywammy
Hi,

My husband citizen and I am PR (soon to be citizen gave the test now waiting for the citizen process to move forward).

I am pregnant and want to have my niece (in Pakistan - age 20) come help with me during my pregnancy. I have the following questions

1. How can I have my niece come to Canada? What's the best method? Visit visa?

2. Can I have her come on nany visa? If yes then what's the process?

3.any other advice?

Thanks
link

Posted On: 5/31/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this question and situation with us.

It is best that you reach out to a lawyer or registered immigration consultant for advice in this situation.

You may find helpful information on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get?.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.
If you are looking for more information on Sponsorship, you may find Settlement.Org article How do I sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent child living outside of Canada? a helpful resource. This article provides an introduction to the IMM 5289 Guide: Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child.

We hope this is helpful, please reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
jammywammy
jammywammy

Posted On: 6/1/2023
jammywammy
jammywammy
Thanks how do I find a registered immigration consultant? I don't wanna get scammed ...what should I look for?

Also what are the pros and cons for getting a lawyer vs immigration consultant?
link

Posted On: 6/1/2023
Hi there,

According to Settlement.Org's article on the types of legal help you can get on an immigration application, an immigration consultant can help you with:
  • Immigration applications, such as sponsorship applications, refugee claims, and humanitarian and compassionate applications
  • Removal orders
  • Other cases that involve immigration law, processes or procedures
If you want a paid consultant to represent you to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), the consultant must be in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC).

For more information on the comparison, read Should I get help with my immigration application from an immigration consultant or lawyer?
Find an immigration consultant in your area.
Find out how to complain about an immigration consultant.

We hope this information is helpful, and wish you the best luck.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link