Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Address History (Inside and Outside Canada) 

sk0805
sk0805

Posted On: 9/8/2023
sk0805
sk0805
I'm going to apply for my first PR update.

There is a section that I have to fill out address History (Inside and Outside Canada)

Does "Address" here mean your residence? Is this correct?

For example,
[case 1]
I was in Japan for 4 months for vacation.
During this period, my residence was in Canada, so the address during that period was in Canada.

[case 2]
I was in Japan for work and medical treatment.
I had a residency in Japan. (I paid taxes to Japan since I resided there)
During this period, my residence was in Japan, so the address during that period was in Japan.

Is my understanding correct?
link

Posted On: 9/18/2023
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in getting information specific to this application process. We have previously received a similar question and the response may be helpful to you. Here's an excerpt from the Address History And Travel History - PR Card Discussion Thread:
From the information we have received previously from some CIC representatives, you only have to include the time you spent outside Canada on each exit. You can include the country you entered and the time you spent outside Canada. So it applies to each time you exited Canada.

If for example, you entered several countries during the same absence outside Canada, you do not have to list all. Just the time you spent outside Canada during that period.

Regarding your address history, from the information we have previously received from a CIC representative, you have to include this address in your Canadian address in your "address history" and any new addresses, only if your address in Canada officially changed. They stated previously that the information regarding your addresses outside Canada will likely be documented in your "Travel History" section.

We also suggest that you contact the the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre directly to confirm this information and for additional advice regarding this application process.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link