Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

New PR Card 

AnkitaP
AnkitaP

Posted On: 9/9/2023
AnkitaP
AnkitaP
Hello there,
My name is Ankita. I received my PR in Canada on April 2023. However, I have not received my initial PR card yet.
I tried contacting IRCC multiple times already via call and web form. They always say they will send it soon. But its been 5months now that I have not received my Initial PR card. As per IRCC tracking, I should have received my PR card in 4-6weeks. I have requested IRCC multiple times that I have to visit my family in the 1st week oct and I cannot travel without my PR card and still they have not sent my PR card. Is there a way I can get help on this situation?
Looking forward for a reply

Thank you,
link

Posted On: 9/15/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Wait times for processing applications may be longer than usual. For updates related to your specific case, it is best to get information from the source and contact IRCC using their web form. I'm sorry that this has not been very helpful, but it may be helpful to note that processing times as outlined using the calculator on the IRCC website does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and only starts once IRCC has received a completed application.

If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link