Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR renewal application - dates of entry and exits? 

hbataille
hbataille

Posted On: 11/14/2023
hbataille
hbataille
I'm filling out my PR card renewal application. There is a place on the online application where it asks you to list all the dates you left and entered Canada. However, further down on page 7 you can check a box allowing the govornment of Canada to access your border crossing information. I read online that requesting the info yourself from border protection can take a long time, and to simply check the box on your application so they can look at your entries and exits directly.

However in this case, what do I do for the section where I am supposed to list entries and exits? Do I just leave this field blanc? I of course could never remember or find all the dates we left by car. Do I just leave blanc and check the box on page 7?

Hope that makes sense, thank you!
link

Posted On: 11/30/2023
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

The Canadian Border Service Agency can conduct a travel history report. “A Travel History Report is a record of a traveller's entries, exits or both into Canada.”

According to the CBSA:
If you are renewing or applying for a Permanent Resident Card you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 3, Question 23 (section E) of the application form allows IRCC to collect the report on your behalf.

It may be best that you contact IRCC directly for information/advice specific to your application. The IRCC Client Support Centre is a helpful resource, you can reach them by phone (1-888-242-2100) or use their web form.

We hope this information is useful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 12/4/2023
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

Based on my understanding, both the online and the paper applications for PR card renewal require that you enter details of all your absences from Canada. The online application won't allow you to go further if you check yes for the question 5.1 Have you travelled or lived outside Canada in the past five (5) years? without entering the details of your last five years absences from Canada. As for the paper application, if you check yes to the question about your last 5 years absences and did not enter the details of your absences, your application would be considered as incomplete and there is high probability it would be sent back to you for that reason.

Approved PR card renewal or replacement applications result in either a 5-year PR card being issued or, in exceptional circumstances [subsection R54(2)], a 1-year PR card. Applications missing information and/or deemed ineligible will be cancelled and returned unprocessed, with fees refunded as applicable.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/card/renewal-replacement.html

• Regards,

Lahbib70
  • link
    laurentliu
    laurentliu

Posted On: 12/6/2023
    laurentliu
    laurentliu
    hello,

I wish to seek some clarification through this forum. I received my first PR card on Sep 18, then, I noticed a mistake on it about my nationality (while the information on the COPR is correct). Then, following the instructions on the IRCC website, I sent back my card by mail with the request of modification form for the re-issuance of a new card. However, so far, two months later, no news at all, I tried to trace my application status online, but cannot even find my application, since it is done purely by mail (according to their instruction)... I wonder if anyone had a similar experience and can shed some light on my situation, as it is desperate not to have an email address, let alone the IRCC number that I dialed a thousand of times without being able to reach a real person...

thanks in advance
    link

Posted On: 12/12/2023
    Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us, we hope that other users can share their experiences with you.

It is best that you contact IRCC directly for updated information about your case, unfortunately we do not have access to case-specific information, and it may still be helpful to direct your inquiry to the IRCC Client Support Centre as a way to confirm that they have received your mailed package. If you have not been able to reach IRCC by phone (1-888-242-2100), it may be helpful to try their web form. While call volumes have increased at IRCC, I would highly suggest calling earlier in the morning when their phonelines open to increase your chances of securing a spot in the wait queue. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to reach anyone and hope this information is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
    link