Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Online PR application renewal - PHOTOS? 

hbataille
hbataille

Posted On: 1/5/2024
hbataille
hbataille
For renewing a PR card online, it specifically states that I can "upload a picture from my phone or computer." But then the next section asks for an upload of the BACK of the PR photo, where you are supposed to have the address of the studio where the picture was taken.

I am using an online tool which creates the photo for you with the needed dimensitons. Therefore, there is no address to write on the back and no stamp. What should I do?

Thank you.
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 1/10/2024
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
hbataille wrote:
For renewing a PR card online, it specifically states that I can "upload a picture from my phone or computer." But then the next section asks for an upload of the BACK of the PR photo, where you are supposed to have the address of the studio where the picture was taken.

I am using an online tool which creates the photo for you with the needed dimensitons. Therefore, there is no address to write on the back and no stamp. What should I do?

Thank you.

Hello,

As you surely noticed that IRCC clearly stated that "You need to upload a photo of you taken within the last 12 months. We’ll use it to make their permanent resident card" Then the applicant is invited to either upload the photo from the computer or take the photo with your mobile device. In the first choice, the photo to be uploaded can be a photo that the photographer took and then sent you a digital copy via email that you can save on your computer to upload later. The second part is when you have the actual photo (Paper)taken within the last 12 months, and you can take a photo of it with your phone (Both sides) then you can upload them in your PR portal.

Thanks,
Lahbib
link