Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Renewal and Documents Needed 

JS1964
JS1964

Posted On: 20 days ago
JS1964
JS1964
I am having trouble with the online renewal of my PR Card, and understanding the instructions - specifically, because my husband travelled with me outside of Canada, and he is a Canadian citizen (born in Canada), they ask that it is mandatory to provide his passport and other travel documents, and his proof of citizenship--does this mean his birth certificate? Isn't a passport proof?
link

Posted On: 12 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. According to IRCC's guide on documents that prove your Canadian citizenship, there is a list of valid documents you can use as proof of citizenship. Here is an excerpt:

Documents you can useYou can use these documents to prove your Canadian citizenship:
Citizenship certificatesA citizenship certificate is an official document that proves your Canadian citizenship. You’ll get the certificate after we approve your application

When you apply, you need to choose between the electronic or paper format of the certificate in your application.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here. You may also want to contact the local visa office or IRCC via web form for case-specific advice and information.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link