Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Period of stay in canada while studying 

osamanaeem1995
osamanaeem1995

Posted On: 13 days ago
osamanaeem1995
osamanaeem1995
I got an ITA in the recent draw,

In my profile I have received 30 points for my Canadian Masters degree. My degree was originally for 1 year, but I completed it a semester early because I had to come back to Pakistan. In the education section the start and end date of my degree I've mentioned are Sept 17 and June 18 (June because my degree was awarded in June)

I was concerned that when I submit my stay in 'personal activities' and 'travel history' section my duration in canada is coming less than 8 months (7 months and few days), since back when I started my degree my student visa was delayed and I joined late (roughly 3 weeks late).

Can group members please guide me if they think this can be an issue when submitting profile for P.R?
link

Posted On: 12 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact IRCC directly for case-specific advice and information. The IRCC Client Support Centre can provide information specific to your situation and application, you can reach them by phone (1-888-242-2100) or use their web form. If you require any further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link