Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Closed work permit 

ZoeZhang
ZoeZhang

Posted On: 5/26/2024
ZoeZhang
ZoeZhang
Hi,

I am a foreigner who is holding a closed work permit in Canada which means I can only work for the specified employer in Canada.
Given this circumstance, could I remotely work inside Canada for a company or clients based outside of Canada? Is it legal?

Sincerely,
Zoe
link

Posted On: 22 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It may be best for you to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for advice specific to your situation. You may find helpful information on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get?.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this referral is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link