Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

OSAP Elgibility 

flower23
flower23

Posted On: 20 days ago
flower23
flower23
Hello.

Could someone please advise on my eligibility for OSAP funding?

I became a PR in April 2024 and I have lived in Ontario for about 3 weeks. I am currently outside of Canada and I am about to start a postgraduate study online. I do have a mailing address in Canada, although I'm currently abroad. I have plans to return to Ontario early next year and I will be settling permanently in Ontario. Am I eligible to apply for OSAP funding in this case?
link

Posted On: 17 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may be able to find some helpful information in our Settlement.Org Who is eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? article. There are a few considerations with regard to immigration status, residency status, and income requirements to determine your eligibility for OSAP.

Here is an excerpt regarding residency status:
You must meet certain requirements to be considered a resident of Ontario for OSAP purposes. You may also be eligible if your spouse or parent(s) meet certain residency requirements.
If you have lived in another province, you must contact that province's student assistance program.

You must meet certain requirements to be considered a resident of Ontario for OSAP purposes. You may want to contact the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities directly for some advice. You may also find information in the Settlement.Org article, What kinds of financial help can I get for my education? helpful.

Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation, we hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link