Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Visit visa ACR 

manoo
manoo

Posted On: 7/22/2024
manoo
manoo
Hi
I was a PR holder but later on I didn't comply with residency Obligation and finally got Departure order. I filed an appeal before IAD, Toronto which was aldo declined. I decided to file Judicial Review and meanwhile, I left Canada without informing Immigration Department or CBSA as I was advised that if my judicial review comes successfully then I can come back without any hinderance. But later on, I lost my judicial review too. Now my nephew wedding ceremony is going to held in Canada in Dec 2024. I want to attend his marriage. Can you please suggest me the best way to overcome my departure order and get visit visa for wedding ceremony.
Please
link

Posted On: 7/29/2024
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. Congratulations!

You may find helpful information on the IRCC website, How do I apply for a visitor visa? and in Settlement.Org article, Do I need a visitor's visa to visit Canada?

It may be best for you to also consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for advice specific to your situation. You may find helpful information on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get?.

We hope this information is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link