Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeProfessions and Trades

Information and questions related to employment in professions and trades, regulated and unregulated, in Ontario.

Haircutting Certification Recognized in Ontario 

Walter36
Walter36

Posted On: 8/13/2024
Walter36
Walter36
Hello,
If I trained to be a barber in Indonesia, I am wondering how I could get my certification and experience recognized for an Ontario certificaiton of being a barber. Though I have worked as a barber in Ontario, I am hoping to do some teaching of haircutting at a community college but Ontario certification of my trade is needed.
Thank you.
link

Posted On: 20 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. I appreciate your interest in this information.

Haircutting is considered a trade that requires mandatory certification. You may find helpful information on apprenticeship and education options for Hairstyling on the Skilled Trades Ontario website. Finding work in a new country can be challenging, you may also want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section.

It can help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link