Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Expired Permit 

Jaytee
Jaytee

Posted On: 6 days ago
Jaytee
Jaytee
I was issued a PGWP visa for less time due to passport expiry. As soon as I got a new passport, I applied for an extension of my pgwp. The extension took a long time, and in the process, my initial permit expired. I continued working on maintained status and applied for pnp, pr and bowp while on maintained status. A month after I put in my application, the pgwp was refused after 7 months of waiting.

I thought applying for bowp before a decision on the pgwp would keep me in status. However, I was informed to stop working even though I have a second application in place. The refusal letter did not give me the option to restore, but I figured I could pay for restoration and attached a new form and payment to my existing bowp application to be safe.

I am now confused about my situation, I have no visitor visa, but I'm authorized to stay in Canada pending a decision on my second application, but I cannot work. My employer has offered to support me, by providing an offer letter, but I already attached a restoration to my bowp. How do I apply for a close work permit in this situation? What are my options? Is it possible to apply for a TRV and then apply for a close work permit? Is there hope that my bowp will be approved as I met all conditions while applying (applied under-maintained status).

Thank you.
link