Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Ukraine Family reunification public policy 

Ihor Pokhodii
Ihor Pokhodii

Posted On: 13 days ago
Ihor Pokhodii
Ihor Pokhodii
Hello. My name is Ihor Pokhodii and I am applying for permanent residence in Canada under the Ukraine Family Reunification Public Policy program. My cousin, a citizen of Ukraine, is currently a permanent resident of Canada. She received permanent residence in Canada less than five years ago through the program to reunite with her husband, who is a Canadian citizen.

The question is: can my sister sponsor me under the Ukraine Family Reunification Public Policy program, even though she received her status through sponsorship through reunification with her spouse? As far as I understand, if a person has been sponsored within the last five years, he or she cannot sponsor others, but I would like to clarify this point in the context of this program.

Thank you in advance for your help and clarification.
link

Posted On: 20 hours ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We appreciate your interest in this information.

PBSC student volunteers are drafting a response with legal information that should be helpful. If you require immediate assistance, it may be helpful to contact IRCC directly for further information. You may also wish to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link