Lost password

LubnaShah

all messages by user

9/3/2013
Topic:
Want to Divorce - Husband in Pakistan

LubnaShah
LubnaShah
I am a landed immigrant in Ontario Canada. I was married in Pakistan 3 years ago and came to Canada after one month of my marriage. I applied to sponsor my husband and after almost three years my sponsorship application was rejected by Canadian Embassy Islamabad Pakistan. Due to that reason, I had many fights with my husband and his family over the phone. They always accused me that I am responsible for the refusal. I realized that they only need a visa to come to Canada and they really don't care about me. In the past three and half years, they never asked me to come to Pakistan and live with them. Sometime my husband said that I may come to Pakistan by spending air ticket from my own pocket and take him to Canada.
After careful consideration I have decided to take divorce from him. My questions are

1. Can I apply for divorce in Ontario?
2. How the court will contact my husband in Pakistan?
3. What if my husband refuse to accept divorce as he still want to get a visa?

Please note that I have not seen my husband for the last 3 years. I don't have any children or any property or my own house here in Canada and I am living with my sister. I don't work in these days either and no cash in Bank

Please advise.

Thanks

Lubna