Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

PMM

all messages by user

5/6/2014
Topic:
Can my friend courier my PR card to me abroad?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Yes,

PMM
5/7/2014
Topic:
Child Born in India after PR Visa Issued to Wife

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I am permanent Resident of Canada and I sponsored my wife. Recently her PR visa was issued with an expiry date of December 14, 2014. she received her visa and COPR. she is 8 months pregnant now and we are expecting baby in July this year. Instructions clearly showed that we need to inform CIC birth of a child before she lands. I am thinking of informing the CIC once the baby is born. Is anyone has this kind of situation? Probably CIC will ask me to submit child's passport and some udpated forms and will reissue my wife's visa and my child's visa together?

One more development is I recently appeared for citizenship test and expecting to take oath soon and will become a canadian citizen? What will happen if the baby born after I become a citizen? I think I can apply for child's citizenship directly? in that case, what will happen to my wife's PR visa which is already issued?

Sorry, its bit a long story, but wondering someone came across this kind of situation?
thanks,

1. Once the child is born, then your spouse must amend her application, the child must be included, the fee paid, copy of passport, birth certificate, and wait for medical instructions.
2. If the child is born after you become a citizen, the child has to be a PR in Canada before you can apply for his/her citizenship. S/he doesn't have to meet the residency requirements.

PMM
5/9/2014
Topic:
Sponsoring my Child to Canada

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Medical, but no police certificate.
2. Yes, the original will be returned.

PMM
5/10/2014
Topic:
Need to File for Appeal but No Info Available

PMM
PMM
Hi

Try starting here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/InfoGuideReside.aspx

Here is the appeal form and the procedures: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai665Intro.aspx

PMM
5/18/2014
Topic:
Translator for Citizenship Interview

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. There is a good chance that the Grandparents will be refused for lack of English/French. From www,cic.gc.ca

"In order to become a Canadian citizen, you must have an adequate knowledge of English or French, Canada’s two official languages. Adequate knowledge of English or French means the ability to speak one of Canada’s official languages well enough to communicate with people. Citizenship applicants must attain Canadian Language Benchmark/Niveau de compétence linguistique canadien 4 to demonstrate adequate knowledge of English or French."

If it is for their language ability, here is what CIC says in CP 13

Exception to language interpreters at a hearing with a citizenship judge
Language interpreters may not be used during the assessment of a client’s ability to speak one of
the official languages. An interpreter may be used during a hearing when assessing their
knowledge of Canada. While it is possible for applicants to have sufficient knowledge of English
or French to meet the language requirement, they may have difficulty either understanding or
expressing themselves in response to questions concerning knowledge of Canada and of the
responsibilities and privileges of citizenship. For this reason, applicants are permitted to rely on
the assistance of an interpreter in order to demonstrate that they satisfy the Citizenship Act’s
knowledge of Canada requirement."

PMM
5/19/2014
Topic:
Translator for Citizenship Interview

PMM
PMM
Hi

Are you sure, PMM? http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp says:
[h4]What are the other requirements for citizenship?[/h4]
You must:
•have adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada
•be able to understand and speak basic English or French

Note: You will need to submit language proof with your application.

•have adequate knowledge of:
-Canada’s history,
-geography,
-government, and
-the rights and responsibilities of citizenship

Note: You will need to pass a written and/or oral knowledge test

Note:
Persons 55 years of age and over are exempted from having to meet the language and knowledge requirements.

The OP said that her grandparents are over the age of 54.

If they said over 55 then the language wouldn't apply, I assume that they are 54. But if they are over 55 the only other reason is that they don't have sufficient days of residency.

PMM
5/22/2014
Topic:
Sponsor Passed Away while Application in Process

PMM
PMM
Hi

Sorry for your loss, but with the death of the sponsor, then the application will be refused.

PMM
5/25/2014
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship and Credit Card Debt

PMM
PMM
Hi

I have visa card loan 12000$ iam paying regular my question is that am I need to pay off my loan before sponsor my wife or no need to declare about it

My visa card credit 12000$ I am paying ragulary now I want to sponsor my wife am I need to declare about this in my file

NO, it doesn't have to be declared and is no bar to sponsorship.

PMM
5/26/2014
Topic:
How can He Relinquish His PR?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi. I am a permanent resident of Canada now staying in Canada

My husband was a PR of Canada .

But he didnt stay enough days to meet the residency obligation.

He is currently working in Middle east. His PR expired last year.

Now he applied for a visit visa to Canada they say that he has to relinquish his PR first .

Then only they can process the visa. In the column of reason for surrendering his PR what should he write.

And how many days it takes to process this request bcz his passport is currently with CiC for the purpose of temporary resident visa.

Once we submit the relinquish form and the supporting documents how long does it take to process his request for relinquishing his PR.

Do they interview him?

Plz any body know anything about this subject, help me.

1. Assuming he received his PR after 2002.
2. He applies for a Permanent Resident Travel Document, the visa office refuses it, He would have 60 days to appeal the refusal. If he doesn't appeal the refusal, then he is no longer a PR. He then can apply for a TRV.

PMM
5/30/2014
Topic:
Is a valid PR Card required to take the Oath?

PMM
PMM
Hi

It is not required.

PMM
5/30/2014
Topic:
PR card Expiring - Renew? or Become Canadian?

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. You probably should renew it even though you intend to apply for citizenship, since the minimum processing time for citizenship is about 24 for routine applications and 36 months if you get a Residency Questionaire

PMM
5/31/2014
Topic:
Time taken for PR Card

PMM
PMM
Hi

Klaus:

Thanks a lot for your quick response. We were about to apply for PRTD when someone told us that there is a risk of the embassy refusing to issue these. Further in case the PRTD is refused the PR Card itself may be cancelled. We find it a bit hard to believe as we have a very genuine case where we had to go back to wrap up and let our kids finish their school year. further, we have proof tht we have already rented a proper townhouse in Canada, taken appointment for assessment for schools for our kids etc. Are there any chances of PRTD being refused

Regards

1. You really shouldn't listen to "somebody", www.cic.gc.ca is the official source.
2. Your PRTD won't be refused, as long as you are able to meet the 2 year residency in every 5 year period.
3. You have 5 years from your date of "landing" to remain in Canada for 2 years.

PMM
6/1/2014
Topic:
Time taken for PR Card

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I have the same issue also because I might need to go to settle few things. I need to apply PRTD. So, I need to know that for how much period is valid PRTD and how much time it takes?

thanks

Haris

Check the web site for the office overseas where you will be applying. The processing times are there.

PMM
6/3/2014
Topic:
PR Status Question

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi there!

I'm a permanent resident here in canada since April 2013.

I'm on my maternity leave now and I would like to travel back home for 5 months with my baby who is a canadian citizen. What will happen to my PR status?

Nothing, as long as you reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period to maintain your PR status.

PMM
6/3/2014
Topic:
Travel Document Enquiry

PMM
PMM
Hi

You noted that the processing time for 80% of the applications is 10 WORKING days. So you should get a response fairly shortly.

PMM
1234 ..44