1. 5 years from the date of entry.

PMM
8/29/2014
Topic:
Immunization Records for Children

PMM
PMM
Hi

Is there a need to do immunization for the kids before entering canada as immigrant as they will not do school yet?

Is this part of the IO to be ask?

although they have done this during their young age as a child.

1. No, but the if the children are not immunized, when they attend school, and there is an outbreak, they will be sent home. In Ontario it appears that is a requirement and proof is needed.

"If your child requires an exemption from the immunization requirements for school attendance, please speak to your local public health unit. Children who are exempt from immunization are at increased risk of disease and may be removed from school during a disease outbreak. "

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/immunization/ispa.aspx

PMM
9/2/2014
Topic:
Fingerprints before Citizenship Application

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I will be eligible to apply citizenship soon. I just heard that fingerprints are recently requested from applicants by CIC.

Can I get my fingerprints before application? or during the my application process in advance? thus I can submit it when it is requested in order to avoid any possible delay.

Thank you

AA

Not require probably less that 00.01% applicants have fingerprints requested. It is only done when CIC checks CPIC and finds a person with the same/similar name and age who has a conviction. If their are requested, the results can be had within 72 hours by having the digital prints done by one of the authorized fprinting agencies.

PMM
9/5/2014
Topic:
Need to Undergo a Medical Exam? - Travel Document

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. If you are from a country that requires a medical to enter Canada, and your visit is for less than 6 months, you don't require a medical.
2. Your B/L doesn't require a medical as he is a PR.

PMM
9/6/2014
Topic:
Missed the Citizenship Interview

PMM
PMM
Hi

I missed the citizenship interview. i did not receive any notice regarding the interview, whereas in the CIC website it was mentioned as the notice was sent on April 28th for the interview and checking of documents dated may 8th.

Whose fault is it?

The address is the same as that appears in the CIC database.

Now what will happen?

Whether they will call again.

rao

1. Well you better contact them, and see if they will accept your excuse. If CIC doesn't accept your excuse, then your citizenship application will be terminated.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/abandon.asp

PMM
9/6/2014
Topic:
Can she leave without her PR card? - Urgent

PMM
PMM
Hi

I sponsored my wife inside canada before that her refuge claim was not accepted but her sponsorship in canada accepted almost two years now but she didn't get her PR card yet we need to go back home urgent can she go with me and comeback me and my daughter we are Canadian citizen please help me.

1. Has she "landed" as a PR? If not, and she leaves Canada, she will find it extremely difficult to return. As I assume yours is an In Canada sponsorship.
2. If she has "landed" and just hasn't received her PR card, then she would have to apply for a travel document at an overseas office to return.

PMM
9/7/2014
Topic:
Primary Residence Address for Citizenship

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi
I'm a recent PR in Toronto, Ontario.
I have bought a condo in Toronto, got a mortgage.
Soon I realized my income wasn't enough to pay the mortgage and the condo fees. I had to sub-let my apartment to a friend. He reports the sublet properly on his taxes, and I report the sublet income on my taxes.
For CIC PR Renewal or Citizenship application - can I claim my apartment to be my primary place of residence ?? Is it OK that I'm subletting my apartment to somebody else?
What criteria do the use to tell if this apartment is the owner's primary residence, or a rental business ?
Thanks a lot!

Hello!

1. If you live there as well, then yes, if you don't live there then no.

PMM
9/9/2014
Topic:
Why did the Officer Stamp Her Passport?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

Me and my family a PR since june 2013, we've done our landing and went back to our origin to settle things before the final move to Canada. When my wife entered this week, the immigration offers were asking her why you have been away for a year and where?!!.

Eventually, they stamped her passport and all my kids passports.

My concern is that why they did that, why did they stamp the passport although we are residents and we have the right to leave and stay as long we are within the 5 years period.

Please advise me.

No, you have to stay for 2 years in every 5 year period so the officer documented you absence with the stamp,

PMM
9/11/2014
Topic:
American Citizen - Expired PR Card

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

Me (Canadian Citizen) and Wife (Permenanet Resident/US Citizen) are travelling to NYC at the end of September. I hadn't realized the PR card has expired.

We are flying from Toronto -> NYC. Will she be able to enter without a valid PR card - even as a "visitor"? Or do we need to probably apply for the Travel Document?

Thansk!
Andrew.

She won't need to apply for a TD as a US citizen, the airlines will probably let her board. Carry the expired PR card to show to CBSA when you arrive back in Canada.

PMM
9/12/2014
Topic:
2014 Citizenship Timeline

PMM
PMM
Hi

80% of routine applications are taking 24 months from application to oath.

PMM
9/13/2014
Topic:
Super Visa Question

PMM
PMM

Hi

Pl suggest parents passport expires in 3 yrs so they have been issued super visa for 3yrs what will happen after that?
with new passport they have to apply again for super visa or any options.
Thanks in advance

Yes they will require a new super visa when they renew their passports.

PMM
9/17/2014
Topic:
Extension of stay on Visitor Visa

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello Team,

My parents hold a multiple entry visitor visa valid till 2019. They landed in Canada on 23 May 2014. On their landing, the officer at airport put a stamp on their passport authorizing them to stay in Canada till 22 Nov 2014 (6 months). I would now like to extend their stay for 2 more months. Can you please let me know how should I go about it? I tried to do some research on my own...I live in Windsor and work in US so have to cross the border everyday. I checked with one of the CBSA officers on US / Canada border about it. They suggested my parents just have to cross the border, go to US and on their return back to Canada, CBSA would put a new stamp on the passport authorizing them to stay for 2 more months. My parents have a US visitor visa so I can make them cross the border. I just wanted to double check if the response I got from CBSA officer is right? I have read somewhere that we have to do an online application to extend stay as a visitor and the application has to be done a month before the current stay expires. This conflicts with what the CBSA officers say. Can you please help? FYI...my parents came to Canada last year (2013) as well. The had applied for visitor visa from US and got a single entry visa valid for 3 months however they stayed in Canada only for 3 weeks. Appreciate your help.

1. To avoid the small chance that they would be refused re-entry, if they went to the US and returned. Apply for an extension of their visitor permit. : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
2. The month in advance is a suggestion, as long as the extension request is received before their status expires, (even 1 day) they are fine, and receive implied status until a decision is made.
3. Either method that you use, if your parents require a medical, for a stay of over 6 months (see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp ) they shouldn't flagpole at the border, unless they have an upfront medical

PMM
9/23/2014
Topic:
We Never Got First Stage - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

We went the inland spousal route and have thus far received:

1. The letter saying I was okay to sponsor

2. My spouse got their work permit (we asked for at the same time)

3. Many months later my spouse got the medical request saying "your application has gotten the point where we require this information"

However we never actually got a first stage letter? Which we understand is strange as the medical request is near the end of the process?

It's also been many months since that happened and they still tell us on the phone it's PENDING.

Any thoughts as to why they skipped over the first stage approval?

Thanks for any intel! :)

Robert

1. The letter stating you were approved to sponsor, was your first stage approval.

PMM
9/25/2014
Topic:
Missing PR Card with Valid Passport - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Please help quickly. My mother in law, a Dutch national, has lived and worked in Canada for about 60 years. She holds a valid, unexpired Canadian passport but cannot find her PR card (she is 85). She is leaving for the Netherlands in a few days via air travel. Will she require her PR card to get back into Canada? She does have a valid passport, health card, drivers license, and credit cards. Will these be enough to allow her back into the country?

..SCF

No, as she is no longer a PR, she is a Canadian citizen and her passport is sufficient.

PMM
11/16/2014
Topic:
Sponsoring While Working Outside Canada -Possible?

PMM
PMM
Hi

How if I am approved as sponsor, then leave Canada to visit my wife? let's say, 3-4months?

1. If you are PR and you leave for 3/4 months you are putting the sponsorship/application in jeopardy as a PR you have to remain in Canada during the processing. 2/3 weeks okay, anything else, you are taking a chance on refusal.

PMM