PMM

all messages by user

11/19/2014
Topic:
PR Card Stolen-Applied to Reissue- Need to Travel

PMM
PMM
Hi

I have lost my PR Card which was stolen with my bag. I have applied for reissue.

I need to travel urgently to India for my sister's wedding.

What to do now.

desiboyz

If you don't receive by the time you travel you will have to apply for a Travel Document at New Delhi to return to Canada.

PMM
11/25/2014
Topic:
Different Height on PR card than COPR

PMM
PMM
Hi

My minor child's (13) hieght is printed 162cm on pr card but on copr, it is 153cm.

Is it considred as a mistake or it is not a big deal to have a different height for minors on pr card and copr?

Or it should be the same on pr card as on copr and should we've to correct it?

Not a big deal, it doesn't need to be corrected.

PMM
11/26/2014
Topic:
What Can be Done if CoPR (IMM 5688) gets lost?

PMM
PMM
Hi

If lost CoPR, can people get another one?

If so, how?

Thanks!

You apply for a VOS and pay the fee: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

PMM
11/27/2014
Topic:
What Can be Done if CoPR (IMM 5688) gets lost?

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. No is mostly used for persons who have lost/misplaced their COPR. As they are issued a copy of it when they "land" so they should know then if there are any errors.

PMM
11/28/2014
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship Questions

PMM
PMM

Hi

Hi thanks for this opportunity.

I have some questions regarding the outland spousal sponsorship process.

We are planning to get married next year

1) how long is his medicalschool valid for (we are planning to submit with the initial application)

2) does change of my name to his make the marriage seem more valid?

3) should i complete all my change of name process i.e. passport drivers license, citizenship certificate before applying or is a change of name certificate sufficient for the application?

4) i would like to bring all his paperwork with me back to canada so as to remove the hassle of him posting it here. Is this wise?

Holi

1. 1 Year
2. Immaterial
3. See #2, a lot of women in Canada don't take their spouse's surname, plus in Quebec you can't.
4. Your choice, but note that if the forms change between the time he completes them and you mail them, you will require new ones.

PMM
11/28/2014
Topic:
How can we check our Application Status?

PMM
PMM
Hi

My Wife is living in Canada, she filled all spouse sponsorship application forms and submitted to CIC on 19 Sept 2014 but yet we didn't receive any message from CIC about approval and not approval of our application.

Would you please tell us our application status?

Danish

1. It depends. If it is an out of Canada spousal application, they are working on 29/09/14 sponsorships, so you should receive it shortly. If it is an "in Canada", you won't hear anything for 14 months.

PMM
12/2/2014
Topic:
Expired Passport with Valid PR card- Travel to US?

PMM
PMM
Hi

If you have a PR card but your passport is expired can you still travel to the US?

No.

PMM
12/2/2014
Topic:
New Citizenship Law - "Intent to Reside" Provision

PMM
PMM
Hi

No

PMM
12/3/2014
Topic:
Sponsoring my Boyfriend from the UK

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi!

I am Canadian and my boyfriend is British.

We met while I was living in London, UK. He and I lived together from September 2011 until Sept 2012, however we continued our relationship in separate houses for the next 3 years.

we are still together, despite me moving back to Canada.

We are exploring the possibility of me sponsoring him to immigrate to Canada under a “Common law sponsorship” and want to clarify whether we would qualify as “Common law relationship” as we did live together during our relationship for one year consecutively, however lived apart in the more immediate years of our relationship. We were also living outside of Canada, so want to check whether this still applies?

Based on the criteria that is listed in an article about common law criteria:

Shelter – we lived together for one year (2011-2012), however in later years of our relationship we did not officially live together. We did spend time at each others houses and kept personal belongings at each others houses.

Sexual and Personal Behaviour – yes we are intimate
Services – yes, we consider each other a partner/pseudo-spouse

Social – yes, family and friends will confirm we are in a committed, romantic relationship

Societal – our peers, friends and family considered us in a serious, committed relationship

Economic Support – our finances were kept separate from one another

Children – we do not have any children

My boyfriend has met with an immigration representative but felt like he was just telling him what he wants to hear so that my boyfriend would pay the 5,000 GBP agreement for application. Also, this immigration representative said that this process could take until October 2015. Is that true?

I have reached out to a couple of different immigration companies to get a second opinion but I would really appreciate your advice on this, as I have just moved back to Toronto and am trying to understand what our options are for him to immigrate here.

Also, I've been reading that marriage is the only other option for sponsorship if common law doesn't count - Would getting engaged help our case at all? I really don't want to have a rushed wedding and want it to be special.

Thank you!
ccolls

1. No, you would not longer be considered common/law by CIC, short breaks are allowed, but not years.

PMM
12/9/2014
Topic:
PR Renewal gone to Minister's Delegate

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

My PR renewal has gone to Ministers Delegate and I have a few questions,

1) Would the ministers delegate or anyone from his office contact me before they make a decision. I dont have any contact information of theirs except a letter sent by CIC saying that the file has been moved to the ministers office.

2) Would I be having a chance to meet the delegate in person and if yes, is it necessary to have a lawyer or can I be there alone.

3) During my initial application in the questionnaire " Absence while accompanying a family member who is a Canadian Citizen" I had mentioned I had traveled with my daughter who at present (Before my PR renewal) is a citizen, however at the time of travel was a permanent resident and during this time I had traveled to other places every month or so. In this scenario, would the days be counted towards my no. of days to meet PR requirements.

4) It is been almost 2 weeks since I have been informed about this situation, however I am yet to hear from the ministers delegate, how long does this process take?

Thanks

1. No, the Minister's delegate will not contact you before his/her decision.
2. No, only accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse abroad would count for maintaining your PR status.
3. No set time frame. By the way the Minister delegate is a supervisor who reviews the 44 reports.

PMM
12/12/2014
Topic:
Applying for Travel Document - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

thank you for replying... i am in canada right now and my question is:

if i have employment or not does it affect my application for travel document when i apply within canada..

i am pr card holder and i am in canada

1. If you are in Canada, you can't apply for a TD, it is for a return to Canada.
2. If you have a valid PR card, and you have met your Residency Obligations and outside Canada, you don't need a TD.

PMM
12/13/2014
Topic:
Sponsoring parents - Additional Family info

PMM
PMM
Hi

If I am sponsoring my parents, do I need to fill out IMM 5406? According to the instructions:

This form must be completed by:

- You, as the principal applicant,
- Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
- Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

It's confusing because I, as the sponsor/Canadian citizen, am not applying to come to Canada. Anyone has experience with this?

It is your parents who complete the 5406.

PMM
12/14/2014
Topic:
Language Test Required Age - Question

PMM
PMM
Hi

My birthday is June 28, I will be 55 age old in 2015. The bill c-24 will be effective on July 1st. 2015.

When I apply the citizenship application then I don't need take the language test?

Thank you for your help.

Josh

1. Your application would have to reach Ottawa before the date of proclamation of the age provision of the language test. It will be 65 years and above under C-24.
2. There is no guarantee that the date will be July/1.
3. But if it is July/1st then you could sign the application on June 28, but it would have reach the processing centre by June 30th.

PMM
12/16/2014
Topic:
Can I Sponsor my Girlfriend and Newborn?

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Your PR visa is no longer valid, as you have a child who has not been examined.
2. You must return the visa and explain the situation to CIC.
3. If you proceed and "land" you can not sponsor the child as she has not been examined.
4. You can't sponsor your girlfriend as you say you haven't lived together as c/law couple nor are you married.
5. The first thing you have to do is NOT "land"

PMM
12/18/2014
Topic:
No Co-Signer for Mother's Sponsorship Application

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi I am a citizen in Canada and a mother with 2 kids and my spouse and I are divorcing,

and he wants to remove himself as a co signer off my sponsorship application for my mom,

since we applied in 2010 we had 2 kids which I did not declared to CPC Missaussauga, I would like to know what other options I have, can I get someone else to cosign for my mom,

He did not sent the request yet, can I do anything before that?

1. No, someone else can't co-sign, only a spouse.
2. When CIC re-evaluates your income for the sponsorship, you income will be based on your income and your family size as of now.

PMM