1/27/2015
Topic:
Apply for TRV and/or TRP? - For my Child

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

Greetings,

To fulfill my Residency Obligation to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years, I must return to Canada before 15-Jul-2015.

I have my own child (now 1.5 years old) who was born outside Canada and holds an Indian Passport.

In order to return to Canada along with my newborn child, I am supposed to approach nearest Canadian Embassy to get Entry Visa for my newborn child. Here I am confused, should I apply for TRV or TRP ?

Although there are ample Blogs/Discussions related to the same issue !

But, I did not find any satisfactory/straight answer endorsed by CIC or related competent authorities from Canada.

Your advise/guidance might help hundreds of people facing same issue as mine.

Thanks - MUZI

1. You first apply for a TRV and if that is refused, then you request a TRP for the child. If both are refused, either you or your spouse (if both are PRs or if you are single) one will have to return to Canada to submit the sponsorship.

PMM

Thanks PMM !

I have few supplementary questions related to the subject.

Once I bring my child to Canada [most probably Ontario] on TRV, where and which department should I apply for the PR Card ? I have seen in many forums where they say that I can apply for PR in two ways "In Land" and Out Land ! Could you explain what does it mean ? And Which one is feasible for in my case.

Thanks - Muz

1. You would have to sponsor the child outland as there is no processing in Canada for children.

PMM
1/28/2015
Topic:
No Response from CPC Mississauga

PMM
PMM
Hi

I am Canadian citizen living out side Canada,Applied for spouse and dependent child sponsorship in Oct 2014,till the day it is not acknowledged by CPC.
Regards

mb

They are working on apps received 27/10/14 and it takes a few days to send out the AOR.

PMM
2/2/2015
Topic:
Query regarding address for PR card

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I am planning to immigrate to Toronto in the near future. As per my knowledge I will be asked about the address for PR card dispatch at the airport but I won't be having any address when I arrive in Toronto as I am a newcomer then what's the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks
Manish

1. If you don't have the address of a friend or relative in Canada, then you have 6 months after "landing" to inform CIC of a Canadian address for the PR card.

PMM
2/2/2015
Topic:
Travelling outside of Canada without PR card

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi, my family is processing pr right now.

We are also planning to go back to our country during summer for just visiting. It will take us approx a month.

I recently heard process of pr takes longer than before.

We expect june or july to recieve pr.

What if our pr is still in process while we travel, can we re-enter Canada?

My parents have valid work permits and I have a valid visitor permit.

Ellen

1. Depends whether you require a TRV to enter Canada. If you are citizens of a non visa exempt country, then you will need either a valid TRV (passport sticker in your passport) or would have to apply for a new TRV.
2. If you are from a visitor visa exempt country, then you don't require a TRV and should have little no problems on entry to Canada.

PMM
2/5/2015
Topic:
Expired PR card

PMM
PMM
Hi

I have a PR card which expired on November 2010. Can i apply for renewal ? Are there any conditions i need to meet.

Thanks in advance...

1. Yes, you can apply. You have to have been in Canada for 2 years in the past 5 years when you apply. You also have to be residing in Canada. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#overview

PMM
2/6/2015
Topic:
Is it true that I cannot leave for 1 Year? - PR

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

I want to visit my origin country.

I am a permanent resident since 27th March 2014.

Please tell me if there are any restriction regarding the time spent in Canada after I first came and if I need a Canadian visa again or my Permanent Resident Card will be enough to reenter Canada.

I heard from unofficial sources that I am not allowed to leave the country (Canada) for 1 year.

Please tell me how it works.

Thank you

1. First of all don't listen to unofficial sources.
2. To maintain your PR status, you have to remain in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period. There is no rule that you can't leave in the 1st year.
3. Your valid PR card and a valid passport allows you to re-enter Canada.

PMM
2/6/2015
Topic:
Sponsorship of a Nephew

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi:

One of my friends who is from Pakistan, adopted his nephew (currently 18 years & 6 months old)from Pakistan. He has acquired all legal papers for adoption from Pakistan and now wants to bring him to Canada. He is a Canadian citizen. He has been married for 13 years, but doesn't have any children that's why he adopted his nephew. His nephew's parents are alive. My questions are:

Can he adopt his nephew despite the fact that nephew's parents are alive?
Can he sponsor him? if yes, under which category (nephew is turning to 19 in a few months)?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gfauzia

1. You should know that there is no adoption in Pakistan.
"Pakistan applies the Islamic system of kafala, or guardianship, which neither terminates the birth parent-child relationship nor grants full parental rights to the new guardian. This means that there are further legal incompatibilities in accepting Canadian applications for adoption.”
2. Please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-07-01.asp
3. Also the person is over 18 and is not considered a dependent.
4. So no sponsorship will be approved.

PMM
2/18/2015
Topic:
PR card category FC1/CF1

PMM
PMM
Hi

Thanks for your reply....how does one find out if their PR is conditional?

1. It would show under terms and conditions on PR card "51"

PMM
2/19/2015
Topic:
Would like to know the Exact Fees for Citizenship

PMM
PMM
Hi

I want to know exact amount of fees for adult citizenship fee and minor citizenship fee.

1. $630 Adult
2. $100 Minor

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#citizenship

PMM
2/19/2015
Topic:
We did not Declare our Child - Options?

PMM
PMM
Hi

gud day mam/sir,

my husband receive already his permanent card in canada and he want to apply for us for petition in canada but our child did'nt declared yet do we have to take a lawyer for declaring our child?how many years to take?

thank you:)

kragadio

1. If you failed to have your child included in the application and the child was not medically examined, then the child is no longer a member of the family class and can't be sponsored.
2. The only way (and it is a slim chance) is that the child applies under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds Section 25 of the Act.
3. Your spouse will probably be investigated for misrepresentation by not declaring the child, and signing his COPR that the didn't have any dependents.

PMM
2/23/2015
Topic:
Funds to Bring to Canada - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

We r a family of 4.

Have received my file number in January 2015.

If all formalities are completed then we plan to travel to Canada in September 2015.

How much maximum amount of money can I carry with me? R there any limit?

Will I have to pay taxes on the money i carry with me. this money should be in the form of demand draft or any other form?

i am asking this because demand drafts are valid for only 3 months and i will not be using the entire amount in 3 months. so how will i be able to spend.

i cannot do a bak transfer becoz i will not have an account.

please reply to this because i am not getting a satisfactory answer from anywhere.
thanks Aslam

1. There is no maximum, but you have to declare it if it is over $10K.
2. There are no taxes or duties, but it must be declared.
3. If you have a demand draft, you open a Canadian bank account and deposit it. Note that it can take a few days to clear. So you should carry some traveller cheques or cash.

PMM
2/23/2015
Topic:
Can my Husband stop me from Entering Canada?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi all

I am a permanent resident since January 2013.

I am in my home country now for a short stay. I am suppose to go back to canada on 29th April.

My husband called me yesterday and told me he want to end the marriage and he is sending the divorce papers via a lawyer.

We were married since January 201 and lived together in the same house since January 2013. We do not have kids

Can he stop me entering to Canada?

What should I do?

All your advises are welcome and much appreciated.

1. No, he can't stop you.
2. Look at your PR card. Does have condition 51 on it? If it does, and you haven't lived with your spouse for 2 years in Canada, then you will have a problem.
3. When you return to Canada you should contact a family lawyer to protect your rights.

PMM
3/3/2015
Topic:
Passport Expiry

PMM
PMM
Hi

My passport will expire by April, I am likely to get a passport request letter by March.

what can I do?

Can I send a new passport to CIC. or do need to call them first.

1. Send a copy of the bio data pages to CIC. If you don't, you COPR will only be valid to the expiry date of your present passport.

PMM
3/10/2015
Topic:
Questions about Landing as a PR

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi
Good morning all
Recently I got the papers and visa for landing.
Planning to land at Toronto in June. Planning to stay initially only for 2weeks, and may be after few months to shift permanently.

Have few questions-
1. What kind of proof I should show as proof of funds, my account statement overseas will do? As I plan to stay only for 2weeks ( me and family- wife and 2kids) how much money I should carry?
2. How can I know about SIN offices nearby to my place of stay?
thanks and regards

prams

1. A recent bank statement from your overseas bank will be sufficient for proof of funds.
2. You would need a few thousand to survive for a couple of weeks.
3. You look for a Service Canada office for your SIN

PMM
3/16/2015
Topic:
HELP! Renewing PR card with Expired Passport?

PMM
PMM
Hi

My parents passport from country of origin expired last year and their PR card needs to be renewed this year. Can they renew PR card with expired passport? ( same passport they used with their first entry to Canada). It says in the cic website that documents needed are valid passport or travel documents or if not available then passport with the entry stamp or travel document( which I'm not sure if it meant that its okay even if its expired). PleAse advise or if anyone had experience renewing pr card with expired passport. Thanks!

1. Yes, they can use the expired passport when they apply.
2. That is assuming that they have got a renewed passport.

PMM