malobaidi

all messages by user

5/27/2014
Topic:
Removal Order Appeal While Studying

malobaidi
malobaidi
Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident, received my PR in September 2009 with my parents.
I stayed abroad with my parents to finish my undergraduate studies till 2011 (I was already an undergrad when I received my PR status).

We then went back to Canada. I stayed for one year trying to find a job but I only got a temporary training position. I also realized that my academic credentials are not good enough to pursue graduate studies in Canada at that time. I found a graduate studies position in a good university abroad with Canadian faculty that allowed me to continue my graduate studies in Canada. I was offered a graduate position in Canada and I accepted it. When I went back home, I was stopped by the Immigration officer and got served with a removal order, based on the fact that I will not be able to fully satisfy the two-year stay at home. the immigration officer was very kind and professional. He told me that I should appeal the removal order, and I did. He told me that I should also leave Canada till the appeal decision is made. I left home and I am alone waiting for the decision.

Recently, I received by mail (but in My home address) a letter from the IAD office requesting that I mail them back with reasons for my absence, and that (if i understood the letter) they can dismiss my case without a hearing). I was told that studying abroad is not a good-enough reason from the IAD to accept my appeal, but it could be a humanitarian request, as my life, my home, and my family is in Canada.

can anyone help me please in my dark times.

- Is this letter (Sent by the IAD) a general procedure, or is it sent to me because I was found good-enough to be contacted. please note that I received earlier mail from IAD (stating that they received my Appeal along with other documents explaining the process).

- Will I be denied from going home!

- Will I loose My scholarship in Canada!

- Please Help!!

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Mohammad