Lost password

Future Proud Canadian

all messages by user

5/28/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline

Future Proud Canadian
Future Proud Canadian
Interesting! They went quite fast on your application. I applied back in September 2013, received a notification that they started proceeding in January 2014. When do you think I should expect the test?

ATTENTION - CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE 2014

Here is my timeline.
I am from London - Ontario.

My process started in October of 2012, and I've got it back because it was missing proof of English. So, it took 8 months to get my process into the system.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 26, 2013.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on September 9, 2013.
4. We sent you a notice on January 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 25, 2014 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, pleasecontact us.
6. You became a Canadian citizen on March 25, 2014.

Proud Canadian
5/30/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline

Future Proud Canadian
Future Proud Canadian
Much appreciated!

It might be longer in Quebec though. It looks like they have a lot of applicants these days.

Wait and see and looking forward to becoming CANADIAN.

A

Interesting! They went quite fast on your application. I applied back in September 2013, received a notification that they started proceeding in January 2014. When do you think I should expect the test?

ATTENTION - CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE 2014

Here is my timeline.
I am from London - Ontario.

My process started in October of 2012, and I've got it back because it was missing proof of English. So, it took 8 months to get my process into the system.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 26, 2013.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on September 9, 2013.
4. We sent you a notice on January 10, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 25, 2014 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, pleasecontact us.
6. You became a Canadian citizen on March 25, 2014.

Proud Canadian

Proud Canadian
6/7/2014
Topic:
Timeline for those who applied in 2013

Future Proud Canadian
Future Proud Canadian
Dear all,

As we keep hearing of applicants who applied in 2013 and were invited to take the Exam, it would make sense to check on the progress of 2013 applications.

Most grateful if you can share your timeline.

Here is mine:

Applied in September 23, 2013.
CIC started processing my application in January 9th, 2014.

Since then, no news good news!

A very good friend of mine applied back in May 2013. CIC started processing in October 2013. He succesfully took the Exam in March 21st and waiting now for the Oath.

Chat soon,

Proud Canadian