Lost password

Mkhan

all messages by user

6/16/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Application Processing and Backlog

Mkhan
Mkhan
How to get application update from CIC St. Clair office?

My application is in process for over 39 months but did not get any news yet.

I contacted Call center but as usual the application is in process.

Although it is written that if there is no news after 36 months then contact CIC office. I have already done the test and RQ back in 2011 and early 2012.

I have been present in Canada and was working all this time. I really did not care how long the process take but when saw some persons who applied recently and got their citizenship I was a bit surprised despite of the fact that they were not present all the time here and was mostly on assistance with cash jobs.

Now, I am listening that those who are under review by St. Clair are those who are suspicious and may be with criminal record or may have cheated the system.

Those whose applications are sent to St. Clair they have to wait for years until they get any news.

Also applicants will not get any information and will have some special treatment. Does it mean that St. Clair applications are those who are suspicious or criminals?
Can your office ask from CIC is this true and why there is no news from St. Clair even after the timeline for non-routine application has passed s? Will there be any feedback or at least information for those whom applications are in process? Are they calling people for oath? Why the new applications are processed in the matter of months but the old applications are not touched? Are there any different criteria for the processing of application based on geographical locations, race, religion etc.

It is really frustrating and embarrassing the way they treat us.

This is not only the matter of wait and time but financial too of renewing our travel documents and PR cards. If the backlog is that high and the new applications are processed fast we can be just informed to apply again and just cancel the old applications this will be easy then to wait for years without any result and clearing the backlog. The payment again will at least reduce our stress and tension.

Thank you,
6/25/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Application over 36 months

Mkhan
Mkhan
My citizenship application is in process for the last 38 months after submission of my RQ.On CIC website it says 36 months for non routine application. I contacted CIC after 36 months but still no update but in process. I have already done my test and RQ.

I was all the time present in Canada and worked continuously and filed my tax too with quite high income.

What to do now and what can be the problem with my application?
6/26/2014
Topic:
Oath Question

Mkhan
Mkhan
My wife has oath ceremony next month. I submitted application earlier then my wife and the children are included in my application. Is it possible if my children can be included in the oath ceremony with my wife?
7/8/2014
Topic:

Mkhan
Mkhan
Thank you very much for your response. I thought I am the only one and was just looking to the 36 months timeline on CIC website. I was also looking to my neighbours who only applied in Sep 2013 although they were travelled in/out of Canada for extended time; also they did not work here in Canada and all the time were on social assistance but got their citizenship. On the other hand, I am here for six years, just left twice for three weeks each time and have been working since my arrival but get stuck in the system.

I am fairly sure there is nothing wrong with your application.

I know tons of people are in the same boat including myself.

Don't lose your hope, and keep poking CIC once a while.
7/10/2014
Topic:

Mkhan
Mkhan
Just wanted to share the information. I had a meeting with a Consultant who advised me that I should re-submit citizenship application despite of the fact that it is in process for the last 38 months as it will take another two years keeping in view the backlog. He told me that the review of applications in backlog are extremely slow and applications are in process since 4 years as it is not a priority. It also includes the applications even they did not go out for a single day and are present in Canada.

However, the new applications are processed within six months including the process and citizenship test. He shared the information of three of his clients that got the test in 3 months after submitting their application and now scheduled for oath. He also said that he suggested the same to another two clients whose applications were in backlog for 2 years but withdraw their application, applied again and got their test and oath. He told me that If I am applying through Consultant the rate will be CAD 500 but he told me there is no need of it as it will not make a difference and I can do it myself.

Just wanted to share the information.
7/18/2014
Topic:
Working outside Canada for a Canadian Company

Mkhan
Mkhan
Well, officially the time spend outside Canada with a Canadian company should be considered however, it is not happening actually. I have been deployed like you to represent Canada in the United Nations and although I submitted the official letters from the Government offices indicating my deployment however, unfortunately, it has not been considered.

Also being on CRC assignment, you will notice that the Canadian embassy will not be able to support you in case of emergency or security issue. I am in a conflict zone and tried to approach Canadian embassy however, despite of the fact that I am representing Government of Canada, I could not register but thanks to my Country embassy who helped me and according to them being without Canadian passport even if you think you are Canadian you are not.

Having said this, try to contact CIC with the letter from CRC, they should consider it as you are officially/legally allowed to do this and there is no need to suspend your application. My case may be different as there may be other background they might consider that I don't know but you go ahead you have all the privileges according to CIC explanation on their website.