Lost password

Rodriguez

all messages by user

7/22/2014
Topic:
Noise because a Basketball Court

Rodriguez
Rodriguez
Behind my apartment is a basketball court, every spring-summer season we have the same problem about noisy teenagers playing at early hours in the morning (12:00 am to even 4:00 am) during weekdays, weekends they start around 5:00 am. I have already complained several times to the police but nothing seems to change at all.

I have to get up at 6:00 am every morning for work but having to wake up at an anticipated hour (like today at 12:30 am and being awake till 3:00 am or later) because the very loud noise of a non stopping bouncing ball doesn't allow to get a little bit of rest and being ready for work in the morning.

Today was even more frustrating when I called the police (again) and they told me that they don't have any records of complaints about this situation, this is the third phone call I make in the last 2 months. That tells me that maybe they don't even type any information in their system when I call.

So knowing that for sure police won't show up today, I had to go and confront this group of 6 teenagers; they laughed at me when I told them that I already called the police and they challenged me to do it again.

I really, really need to know where to complain about this situation, a year ago a friend told me to call the 311 (which belongs to the bylaw) however when I called, they confirmed they can not do anything about it.

Does anybody know how or where to proceed in a situation like this one?

Your feedback will be very appreciated.

Karina