Lost password

Iowilleric

all messages by user

8/8/2014
Topic:
Landing & Leaving Canada

Iowilleric
Iowilleric
I am a citizen of Canada and sponsored my husband to Canada. He got his PR in September 2013. He landed Canada in September 2013 and he stayed there for 2 months. We both are residing in another country and might not move back to Canada for next few years. So I would like to know "if my husband can maintain his Canadian PR "as per this cic law mentioned below which I found on their website.

Have to spend 730 days in last 5years...............

OPTION 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada

You may count each day that you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada provided that the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).

Evidence required

You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

•The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
•You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person.
Supporting documents may include:

•marriage license or evidence of common-law partnership (mandatory if you are accompanying a spouse or common-law partner)
•child’s birth certificate, baptismal document, or adoption or guardianship document (mandatory if you are accompanying a parent)
•all passports or other travel documents of the person you are accompanying used in the five (5) years before the application (mandatory)
•school or employment records
•association or club memberships
•documents showing the citizenship of the person you are accompanying, including the date the person became a Canadian citizen (mandatory)
•evidence of the residential addresses of the person you are accompanying for the five (5) years before the application (mandatory)
•any other documents that you want to have considered

Or he still has to stay physically for 730 days in total of 5 years time in Canada?

Please advise!

Thank you