Lost password

Bhartim

all messages by user

8/20/2014
Topic:
Delay in receiving the PR card

Bhartim
Bhartim
I had applied for PR under "Canadian Experience Class" in November 2013. The application got approved for me and my family (spouse and two children) in the beginning of 2014. We got the PR Landing document signed at port of entry at Buffalo-Niagara falls on January 31, 2014. My spouse and both the children got their PR cards in the month of April. I got a response from CIC that I need to resubmit my photographs for issuance of PR card. I resubmitted the photographs in the beginning of April 2014. I made few calls to the call center as I had to travel for official reason to the US and India and from January to May, I crossed the border through road. The call center team said that even after re-submission of photographs it will take around 60-70 days.

Since I was transferred to India, I got the communication or shipping address changed to office address through call center during end of April or beginning of May. The residence address was still the same as mentioned during my application (in Mississauga as I was residing there till May). I made a call to the call center about dispatch of the card in the beginning of June 2014 and they mentioned that I will receive it by mid of July at my communication address.

Now, I have recently received a letter from CIC that I have to appear personally at their office in Etobicoke with Passport or travel document and confirmation of permanent residence. I am not sure why such request has been made by the CIC and how should I address it. This letter is dated June 3rd and I guess it was earlier sent to my residential address and once it was returned from there it was re-sent to me at Office drive address on August 11th. What to do since I am in India at this point of time.
8/22/2014
Topic:
Delay in receiving the PR card

Bhartim
Bhartim
The letter does not say that it is for pick up. It says visit the CIC with the PR landing document and passport. Does it imply that it is for pick only