Lost password

megatitus

all messages by user

11/25/2014
Topic:
OHIP and Living outside Canada

megatitus
megatitus
Been in europe For about 1.5 years now not for pleasure but getting medical treatments and surgeries etc which OHIP and Canadian doctors failed to help me with. I still have everything including permanent residence in Ontario and even renewed my drivers license in May 2014.
My problem is that in Canada I received a Health card re-registration form which I think I have to travel back to do. On this form it wants me to prove my identity, citizenship status and residence in Canada.

Now I read that if I lose my OHIP due to travel I can get it within 3 months of my return to Canada, the problem is that in Europe I got diagnosed with something and need weekly injections. So if I lose OHIP I'll be really in trouble for 3 months after my planned return in January 2015.

I am also receiving other ongoing treatments for PTSD from Canada so any break from treatments might be a real health concern.

I am really stressed out with this situation and hope someone can give me some pointers on how to proceed. I have a couple treatments planned in December in Europe for my shoulder but should I skip them and return to Canada asap? Or can I stay till beginning of January and fly back then?

On the re-registration form there is no due date written so not sure how much time I have.

Thank you.