Lost password

Chialing

all messages by user

5/6/2015
Topic:
OHIP under Implied Status - Questions

Chialing
Chialing

Finally, my work permit and spouse visitor record were approved and issued by end of June, approximately 5 months it took. We were also approved for continuous coverage along with retroactive coverage since work permit has a remark "TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6)."

We had opted for private insurance that covered 50% expenses and remaining were covered by OHIP. Interestingly, hospital hold off remaining bills until new OHIP reinstated.

If we could assure hospital physicians and or administrative dept. that OHIP is on way with rectroactive coverage they might agree. There is no need for go through many paper works for OHIP reimbursement.

I and my husband meet the some problem, and I think this problem is quite common for temporary foreign workers...

Our work permit renewal are under processing, and it seems not possible to be done before our OHIP expiring date, this June. I am going to labor in mid July. We should probably pay the fee by ourselves first.

I'd like to know if we want to reimburse our OHIP coverage after our OHIP renewal, what documents we should have? And could you tell me how to go through the reimbursement procedure?

Thank you for your kindly reply in advance!