Lost password


all messages by user

Proof of Funds and Documents Required


I have the following questions:

1- I would like to inquire about the minimum amount of money, if any, I should bring with me during landing to activate my PR status. Do I must carry the funds required to apply to immigration (i.e. the $11,931 for one principal applicant), all in cash?

Or would a bank statement/letter from my bank in my country of residence be enough to show to the officer and I can carry any amount of money I want?

Does the duration I am staying for post landing affect how much money I should bring with me?

Or is it sufficient to have a bank statement/letter from the bank in my country of residence as a proof that I have enough funds?

Does the period of my stay post the first landing impose a specific minimum amount of cash on hand requirement?

2- Do I need to carry photographs for the PR card application or it will be the same photo on my COPR?

Should I carry photographs for the PR card application or will they just use the same photo on my COPR?

3- Do I need to carry original copies of my birth certificate, educational certificates, work letter etc. to show to the officer during the landing interview?

Will the officer need to see documents like birth certificates, educational degrees, work letter etc. during landing?

Thank you
PR Card - What can I use as an Address in Canada?

Dear Moderator,

I have the same issue with the mailing address. Any idea who those community service/centre or settlement service are?

Please help as I will soon do my landing.

Thank you


Thank you for sharing your situation and questions with us.

According to several CIC representatives, "service providers" can refer to someone at a community service/centre or settlement service.

In terms of providing the hotel address, it was suggested that since you will be staying there for at least 3 months, you may want to ask the officer upon arrival, if it is possible for you to provide this address since you will be staying there for an extended period.

It is also important to note that If you did not provide your mailing address to CIC at the point of entry, do so as soon as possible. You can update your address online or you can contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

If you do not provide Citizenship and Immigration Canada your address within 180 days of the date of your admission, you will need to reapply for your PR Card and pay the applicable fee.

You can find some detailed information in our Settlement.Org Do I need to apply for my Permanent Resident Card? article.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Settlement.Org Content and Information/Referral Specialist, CIRS
Driver's license

Hello. I obtained a driver license in ontario and i haven't received the permanent card driver license. I called service ontario and confirmed that it was delievered. So it looks like it was lost in the mail. Do i have to report it even if i am not in canada now? If yes, what is the process. Is it ok if i don't take any action and wait till I return even if its not within a short period?