Mel-Lynne

all messages by user

10/6/2015
Topic:
Secondary ID - PR Card Application

Mel-Lynne
Mel-Lynne
I am applying for my first PRC.

I did not get one when I landed because the photo did not meet specifications and was rejected.

I left the country for 18 months and am back on a Travel Document. I still have over 3 years to meet residency requirement.

The PRC app states: "You are strongly encouraged to submit two (2) secondary identity documents in the event that additional documents are required and to prevent delays in the processing of your application."

What happens if I don't submit a second-second? B.C. won't issue me an I.D. unless I have a PR Card. ICBC will only give me a paper temporary drivers license with no photo on it until I have a PR Card.

I was out of the country and don't yet qualify for BC Services Card and didn't have to pay taxes yet.

Will they issue the PRC anyway since I still have plenty of time to meet my res requirement?

I am reluctant to trade in my photo California Driver's license for a paper temp B.C. license that I will carry around for 5 months until my PRC app is reviewed. Will the paper temp B.C.

license even be accepted as a second-second since there's no photo?

Thank you for any guidance.
10/6/2015
Topic:
Address History and Travel History - PR card

Mel-Lynne
Mel-Lynne
I'm applying for my first PRC. I was out of the country for 18 months and still have over 3 years to fulfill my residency requirement. I want to be accurate and honest in completing the app but am confused. I landed then went back to the U.S. immediately for the holidays, then interviewed for two Canadian jobs (while physically in the U.S.) but the companies were reluctant to hire me because I didn't have a PRC or CAVCO # yet. So I took some jobs offered in the U.S. for several months. I had a Canadian address where I had roommates, and my mail sent, but I was in the U.S. So under address history I assume I put the U.S. address? That seems more accurate but I did maintain a Canadian address even though I wasn't there.

Also, in Travel History, how specific does "Reason for Absence" need to be?: Is "working & visiting" sufficient, or "on business / working"? I was gone for several months and wasn't working every day. Also, since I was already in the U.S. working, do I need to report vacations or conventions in another U.S. city? An attorney wanted to charge $3000 to help me fill out this form. I hope someone here knows the answers. I appreciate the expertise and generosity of participants here.