Abdul Mujeeb

all messages by user

12/21/2015
Topic:
Choosing appropriate High School Grade after IGCSE

Abdul Mujeeb
Abdul Mujeeb
Hi,
I am Abdul Mujeeb, and i recently moved from Saudi Arabia to Canada.

I Completed my extended IGCSE in 6 subjects(Maths,Physics,Chemistry,ESL,Information and Communications technology,Urdu) and got As and A*s in all the subjects except Urdu(I got a B in it).

In other countries,IGCSE is mostly completed in grade 11 and you usually become eligible for As Levels in grade 11 and A Levels in grade 12.

However,In Saudi Arabia,IGCSE generally gets completed by Grade 10,As by grade 11, and A by grade 12.

So let me get to my question,although i am currently taking grade 11 courses at my high school,i was wondering that should'nt i be eligible for grade 12 courses after completing IGCSE as in other countries,its equivalent to grade 11.

Also if i do continue in grade 11,would i be given enough credits by the end of grade 12(30) even without me doing grade 9-10 from an Ontario High School by just evaluating my IGCSE grades and giving me equivalent credits.

I did take the Ontario high school evaluation test and they decided that grade 11/10 was suitable for me just because i did'nt solve some questions(i was familiar with all the questions,i did'nt answer some because i did'nt open my books for 3 straight after completing my IGCSE and i could'nt remember some of the stuff).

So let me conclude,lets say if i am eligible for grade 12,would my high school take note of that and allow me to switch, and will i get the High School Diploma at the end.

The only reason why i am asking this question is that i worked really hard for my IGCSE exam,got really good grades in them,and want to make the most possible out of it.

I was really surprised by the fact that a single test is used to determine which grade you should be in from grade 9-12,i mean they should implement a bit more depth in your grade evaluation(like making some research about your previous curricullum and then making evaluations etc).

I would be very thankful if someone helps me out.

Mujeeb