Lost password

Lisa S.

all messages by user

2/5/2016
Topic:
OHIP eligibility being under review

Lisa S.
Lisa S.
MY OHIP eligibility is being under review by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. I have to provide documents from 4 categories: 1) One Original Citizenship or Immigration Documents, 2) Original Residency Documents, 3) Original Physical Presence Documents in YOUR NAME ONLY, 4) Original Identity Documents with name and signature.

My problem is this -- for category #2, I don't have any of the documents required (they are: income tax assessment, insurance policy, mortgage/rental/lease agreement, property tax bill, driver's license, child tax benefit statement, GST credit notice, Ontario Trillium Benefit Notice, Residential Telephone bill, Utility bill, CPP statement of contributions.

I live with my parents and they pay all the bills. I don't have a driver's license.

For the income tax assessment and GST credit notice, I have some old ones from 2-3 years ago -- would they be too old?

The letter I received says "You are responsible for establishing your entitlement in Ontario health insurance coverage from August 2015."

Second question: for Category #4 (Original Identity Documents), would a debit card with my signature be OK? I don't have a credit card.j

Third question: what exactly is a "current employee ID"? Is this a badge with my photo on it? or a piece of paper that says I work for the company?

Please answer as soon as possible, as I only have 30 days to clear this up!
2/5/2016
Topic:
Ontario Photo ID card

Lisa S.
Lisa S.
I thought the Ontario Photo ID card was for people w/o driver's licenses -- YET -- under List 2, a driver's licenses is listed as one of the documents you can use to obtain a Photo ID card. This makes no sense to me. If you don't have a driver's license, how are you supposed to get a Photo ID card??? Is this just an example of our crazy bureaucracy at work?