cdnczn

all messages by user

2/12/2016
Topic:
Validity of my PR Card

cdnczn
cdnczn
Dear Friends,

I need your help to check the validity of my PR Card.
I landed in Canada with my immigration documents in June 2011. Applied for my PR Card and came back.
Due to some discrepency in the picture, my PR Card was ultimately issued in August 2012, when again I went to Canada.
Now my PR Card is valid till July 2017 and I am outside Canada.
Please let me know, upto what time I can remain outside Canada?? Till June 2016, when I am completing my 5 years from the date, I entered in Canada OR till August 2017, when my PR Card is going to expire.
Kindly help.
Thanks
2/15/2016
Topic:
Validity of my PR Card

cdnczn
cdnczn
to PMM

Thanks PMM for your valuable inputs.
As you know that I was unable to complete my 2 out of 5 years stay condition, what else can I do for entering and settling there permanently.
Are there any humanitarian/compassionate grounds under which I can be admitted.
What else can I do to satisfy the Immigration Officer, that not meeting the requirement was due to some unavoidable reasons.

Kindly show me some way out.

Thanks

Hi

Dear Friends,

I need your help to check the validity of my PR Card.
I landed in Canada with my immigration documents in June 2011. Applied for my PR Card and came back.
Due to some discrepency in the picture, my PR Card was ultimately issued in August 2012, when again I went to Canada.
Now my PR Card is valid till July 2017 and I am outside Canada.
Please let me know, upto what time I can remain outside Canada?? Till June 2016, when I am completing my 5 years from the date, I entered in Canada OR till August 2017, when my PR Card is going to expire.
Kindly help.
Thanks

1. Your 5 year clock starting ticking on June/2011 when you "landed". You must reside in Canada for 2 years from June/11 to June/16 to maintain your PR status.
2. The date on the PR card is immaterial, it just indicates that you are a PR. You still have to meet the residency requirements.

PMM
2/20/2016
Topic:
Validity of my PR Card

cdnczn
cdnczn
I was unable to complete my 2 out of 5 years stay condition, what else can I do for entering and settling there permanently.
Are there any humanitarian/compassionate grounds under which I can be admitted.
What else can I do to satisfy the Immigration Officer, that not meeting the requirement was due to some unavoidable reasons.

Kindly show me some way out.

Thanks