JustinJones3000

all messages by user

2/22/2016
Topic:
Road Trip Canada and US - Suggestions?

JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000
Hello everyone I'm new to the group.
Orginally from the UK I am now living in Toronto, working in a bar hoping to save up enough money to do a road trip to the states at some point. Has anyone done a road trip from CAnadan to the states before? :-)

2/24/2016
Topic:
City of Destination

JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000
A friend of mine was wondering about a similar problem - did you guys get any answers?
2/24/2016
Topic:
Road Trip Canada and US - Suggestions?

JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000
I was also wondering what the camping situation is like in Ontario? My plan is to get a carvan from campanda.com/and go out into the wilderness of Ontario before trying to make it to the states. Is free camping a thing in Canada? Or will I have to pay for a permit for my van?
Also, I have a visa for Canada but what's the deal with going to America on a Canadian visa? I suppose it's easier for Canadians than any other nationality? Or will I not be allowed to stay in America because I only have a temporary visa for Canada? I have heard horror stories about immigration in America so I don't want to get stuck! Any advice you have would be really appreciated, this is the only forum about this kind of thing that I've found. I don't know many people in Canada so don't really have anyone to ask either, so I'd be very grateful for your help :-)
Many thanks.