Lost password

12thMan

all messages by user

3/16/2016
Topic:
IMM 0008 - Why Can't I access it?

12thMan
12thMan
I have been experiencing the same issues. Luckily, I found this thread and was able to successfully download the forms by trying another internet browser as suggested.

Here's what finally worked: Internet Explorer 11 on my PC. My firewall did block content on the page, but I was able to get past it.

What didn't work:
I verified Adobe was the most current version on these -
Google Chrome on my PC
Safari on my husband's Mac
Safari on my husband's iPhone 5
The web broswer on my HTC One M9 phone

I hope this helps!

Dear Usman,

Ditto cannot download new form 008 and 1344. I had the old forms returned. Please email them to me :[email protected]
5/26/2016
Topic:
US Citizen w/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence

12thMan
12thMan
I am a US citizen who just received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

I live in the states, but cross the border to visit my husband frequently.

I'd like to move to Canada very soon but am still tying up loose ends in the states & need to be able to travel back and forth.

According to the letter that I received with the CoPR, I'm supposed to present it to the agent when I cross the border. I'm guessing that will be the first step to getting my PR card. Is that right?

So if I present the CoPR when I cross the border, what happens when I go back home to the states and want to re-enter Canada to visit my husband?

I imagine I won't get my PR card right away so I won't be able to present it when returning.

Is that problematic?

I noticed a travel from online that I could apply for but I'm concerned that may be lengthy as well.

Also, I imagine I have to first present my CoPR to the border agent.
That for your help!