lolo

all messages by user

5/7/2016
Topic:
Ineligibility Issue - Sponsorship

lolo
lolo
MelM wrote:
I think it's impossible for any of us to say if CIC will revoke your PR status or not. Whether CIC pursues this is their decision. Based on the very few cases I've seen, it appears that CIC typically does not revoke PR status. However you are left with the problem that you can never sponsor your spouse for PR.

As for the appeal question, appealing is only worthwhile if CIC was wrong in their finding - and you married your spouse AFTER you landed and became a PR of Canada. If you did in fact marrry your spouse before landing, then you were correctly refused by CIC and an appeal won't succeed. In that case your spouse should focus on immigrating to Canada independently (e.g. as a skilled worker).

=============================================================================================================
"Owing to the fact that I can never be able sponsor my spouse because I did not declare her when I was landing , so if my spouse want to focus on immigrating to Canada independently, does she needs to declare me in her application that she's married to me? Or she has to come on her own as a single person because I did not declare her?"