lilgronk

all messages by user

5/10/2016
Topic:
Moving back to Canada with US-born child

lilgronk
lilgronk
Good morning!

I am planning on moving back to Ontario in early July with my daughter, who is a US citizen.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to make my re-entry as smooth as possible, especially regarding documentation and forms.

For instance, I'm sure I will need my divorce/separation agreement which states that I have full physical custody and the right to move back to Canada with my child.

But should it be notarized or should I obtain a separate letter from my ex-husband that he has given permission?

Also, I have filed for proof of Canadian citizenship for my daughter but am still waiting for it to arrive.

Can she move with me if it doesn't arrive? (She has a US passport).

And if I do receive her proof of citizenship, should we travel to DC to get her a Canadian passport or will the proof of citizenship suffice for now?

Will I need her immunization records?

I will have a UHaul will all my belongings- how detailed does my list need to be?

I already have a Canadian bank account, do I need to show them my US bank accounts?

As per my separation agreement, I will need to return to US for two weeks in August for daughter to have visitation with her father- will this be an issue?

Thank you in advance for any advice!