Boronding

all messages by user

6/2/2016
Topic:
Status for a Subsidiary of a Canadian Business

Boronding
Boronding
Hi,

I am presently employed by one of the well-known Canadian Company in the Middle East. I was hired in the Middles East and not a transfer employee from Canada. I have approached the HR Dept in the Middle East about my intention before a signing a contract with them, and they verbally told me that they can help me meeting the residency requirements once I am employed with them. After 6-months, (probationary period) I have approached the same person to start with the above process. He contacted the HR in Canada, and they told (as per HR in the Middle East) that the company in Qatar is not in anyway connected with the Canadian Company.

During my 6-mos stay, I am fully convinced that the Company was a Canadian, as the the CEO & VP of Canada visited us even and we had a company dinner with them as well; and I did not find any proof that it is licensed in Canada instead of USA.

So, with this situation, is it possible that my days of stay outside Canada can be credited towards my PR renewal later on?

Please advise. Thank You.