wof37

all messages by user

7/17/2016
Topic:
returning from the U.S. without a PR card

wof37
wof37
Hi,

I plan to visit the US a few days after I landed and so will be returning to Canada without a PR card as that will still be being processed.

Do I still need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document in order to re-enter Canada in this case ?

Many thanks
8/18/2016
Topic:
returning from the U.S. without a PR card

wof37
wof37
Hi drfarahfatima,

I haven't landed yet. But from checking on the Internet, I think it is a big hassle to apply for PRTD. Need to apply for it at a visa office outside Canada and it could take 3 weeks.

Regards
12/19/2016
Topic:
Bringing Funds to Canada When I Land

wof37
wof37
I don't have a Canadian bank account yet.

Can I bring funds into Canada if the bank draft has my father-in-law's name on it as he has been living in Canada for over 20 years and has a bank account?

I am also landing in the family-sponsored category.

As such, wonder do I need to prove I have sufficient funds ?

On the other hand, if I plan a short stay and return permanently in a few months time, is it still fine to bring in a considerable among of money with a bank draft under my father-in-law's name ?

Many thanks and regards,

David
6/23/2021
Topic:
Can we renew PR from outside Canada?

wof37
wof37
My wife landed 4 years ago as a permanent resident sponsored by me but we moved back home as could not get jobs we like.

Now her PR card is expiring and due for renewal and I understand that application must be made inside Canada.

However, as per step 4 in the application process, it says applications need to be mailed in - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#5445E7 .

Does it mean applications for renewal *cannot* be made in person? And if so, does it mean we need to come back to Canada to mail in the application? Or can we sent the completed application to my relatives in Canada and ask them to mail it to IRCC? We are okay to come back to submit the renewal application if we can make an appointment to submit it in person.

Many thanks and regards.
6/29/2021
Topic:
PR Card Renewal Outside Canada

wof37
wof37
Hi cookiemaster,

My wife is in a similar position as yours. So wonder would you mind sharing any further updates on your application (e.g. did the application move forward etc) so we know what to expect ?

Many thanks!