Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

EssaMohy

all messages by user

2/17/2022
Topic:
Frequent Travels, is it a problem for PR renewal ?

EssaMohy
EssaMohy
Hi
Having business meetings outside Canada, I applied for urgent PR renewal supported by documents, tickets, hotel bookings, etc. I applied on 17/11/2021, received a confirmation receipt email on 23/11/2021 and the online status turned to DECISION MADE on 12/12/2021.
Since then, no news at all, no card mailed, no invitation to collect it personally, or even no request of any additional information !
Landed on May 2016 for 2 weeks and left Canada. Since my return on August 2018 to end of 2021, I have stayed 740 days but not continuous, and in the beginning it was short periods due to my frequent business travels. I contacted a lawyer to ask what could be the reason on this delay, and he said maybe the officer is not satisfied of my file profile due to frequent travels, or because I barely completed the period required !
Could this be a valid reason for delay ? or a reason to refuse my file ? Please advise.
3/1/2022
Topic:
Frequent Travels, is it a problem for PR renewal ?

EssaMohy
EssaMohy
Good day
I have already called IRCC twice but they did not give any feedback or even request for extra information.
Just told me in the first call you have to wait , and in the second call that they issued the card and sent it to a local office long time ago !
Any advise ?
7/18/2022
Topic:
Business outside Canada

EssaMohy
EssaMohy
When it said about residency obligation it is always mentioned the rule of 730 days stay physically in Canada. There is no other concerns are mentioned. My question is about the employment outside Canada for non Canadian employer and whether it is against the residency rules even if the 730 days rule is met ?
In my case since moved with my family I still had business ties outside Canada but was determined to stay in Canada as much as I can and have already spent 740 days. I declared my business ties in tax filing and even in PR renewal card application, NOTHING TO HIDE, but I wonder now, does this affect the assessment of my residency ?
12/31/2023
Topic:
Directed to immigration office when arriving YYZ

EssaMohy
EssaMohy
Hello, for the second time in 6 years as a permanent resident, I am being asked to check in at the immigration office upon arrival at YYZ airport!
My PR card was successfully renewed in December 2021, and I applied for citizenship in July. In fact, nothing happened during this check with the immigration office, not even a single question, but the officer simply checked his screen, gave me back my paper and said 'you are good to go!' and the last time, just stamped my passport with an arrival stamp with the arrival date and handwritten PR--------!
Is there any explanation for this? As I mentioned, it started happening suddenly only with the last two arrivals.