Lahbib70

all messages by user

12/9/2019
Topic:
Late rent fee

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

The Residential Tenancies Act does not state anywhere that a landlord can charge a tenant late payment fee.
Check the section regarding "If a tenant is late with their rent..."
http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/ltb/faqs/

Thank you
Lahbib

tleem5 wrote:
Hi, I'm just wondering what the legal amount is for paying your rent late. I'm being charged 50.00 late fee for being 5 days late.
12/7/2020
Topic:
Sponsoring my husband who lost his PR

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Envisenvis wrote:
Hello,
My wife is a Canadian citizen. I was a PR in Canada via express entry but I lost it because I did not stay for 730 days within the last 5 years. Can I get the Permanent residence again via spousal sponsorship?

Hi,
Yes, you wife can submit a spousal sponsorship application, and you need to meet all the conditions associated with this application. Being previously a PR and lost the status would not interfere with the application's conditions.
Thanks.
12/8/2020
Topic:
What can I do after losing PR status?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Envisenvis wrote:
PMM wrote:
Hi
I read in IRCC website that you may not be eligible for PR o to get a spousal Sponsorship if you are found inadmissible. the reasons for inadmissibility are as follows:
Examples of failure to comply with IRPA include:
  • temporary residents who don’t respect the conditions of their stay—for example, they stay longer than allowed, or work or study without the proper permits
  • permanent residents who haven’t lived in Canada for the required amount of time
  • people who have previously been deported and try to enter Canada without written authorization (In some cases you may need an Authorization to return to Canada (ARC) in order to be admitted to Canada.)
Hi,
The inadmissibility examples you cited and the non compliance with IRPA concern foreign nationals who want to enter Canada. Losing your PR status does not conflict with being sponsored by your spouse as long as you meet the other criteria (Security, medical..)
Thanks.

Since I am also about to lose my PR for not complying with 730 days of stay in Canada, can my wife who is a Canadian citizen sponsor me in future?

jef wrote:
Dear Sir, Madam

Good morning,

Kindly note that i have received the rejection letter form the Canadian embassy regrading the travel documents as my PR was expired and i did not respect the 730 days rule. due to a reasons that i feel it is H&C. however The immigration office in AD says

"Having considered all of the evidence that you have presented, I am not satisfied that your personal circumstances involve humanitarian and compassionate considerations that justify the retention of permanent resident status." also he mentioned

Should you choose not to submit an appeal of this decision to the Immigration Appeal Division in Canada, this decision concerning your non-compliance with the residency obligation under section 28 of the Act will become a final determination of your residency status. You will be considered to have lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada, in accordance with paragraph 46(1)(b).[ You will not be allowed to enter Canada as a permanent resident, in accordance with subsection 19(2). You would have to meet all regular entry requirements for a foreign national, including obtaining a temporary resident visa or electronic travel authorization, if required."

i have not appeal as the appeal will take more three years and it is will very difficult to challenge their decision .

because i have lost my PR as per their clause , i am trying again to do my IELTS and submit again through express entry.

my question is am i eligible to do that , or it is not anymore permitted for me to apply.

thank you

1. Nothing stopping you from re-applying if you qualify. Note you can't submit an ITA until the 60 day appeal period is over.
12/10/2020
Topic:
Can I claim Canadian Citizenship by Heritage?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Doctore wrote:
Hello,
My father was a Canadian citizen at the time of my birth. He left my mum and I that same time in Nigeria, and went back to Canada. Currently he stays in the United States. He has refused filing for me. I want to know if I could claim my Canadian heritage without his support? Thanks

Hello,

In addition to what it was already said, here is a link that will probably help you in finding a response to your question:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/already-citizen.html

Thank you.
12/14/2020
Topic:
How can I look for work as an English Teacher?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi,

I hope you are doing well.
Please check the following links that hopefully would provide you with more details regarding your intention to work as a teacher in Ontario in particular:
https://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/requirements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aoL3K6wfQ&feature=youtu.be
You can always contact potential employers before landing so you can prepare the necessary required documents and proofs of your qualifications.
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobsearch?searchstring=teacher&locationstring=ontario
Thank you

Najouaben wrote:
Hello,
I am Moroccan English teacher. I am looking for a work in Canada.
Please I need your help.
12/14/2020
Topic:
Parent sponsorship

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi,
Unfortunately, the 2020 interest to sponsor parents and grandparents form is closed now.
The most important requirement you need to meet is the income criteria.
Income required for the 3 tax years right before the day you apply (sponsors applying in 2021)

Income required for the 3 tax years right before the day you apply (sponsors applying in 2021)
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14
Total number of people you’ll be responsible for

2020 2019 2018
2 people $32,899 $41,007 $40,379
3 people $40,445 $50,414 $49,641
4 people $49,106 $61,209 $60,271
5 people $55,695 $69,423 68,358
6 people $62,814 $78,296 $77,095
7 people $69,935 $87,172 $85,835

If more than 7 people, for each additional person, add: $7,121 $8,876 $8,740

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Embassy of Canada to Afghanistan, in Kabul

Address: Street No. 15, House No. 256, Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul

Telephone: +93 (0) 701 108 800

Fax: +93 (0) 701 108 805

Email: [email protected]

Service(s) provided at this office:

• Citizenship services
  • Consular services
  • General enquiries
  • Notarial services
  • Passport services

Good luck
Thank you
Yama wrote:
Hi there,

I have 3 kids and my husband is working fulltime job. I have my PR Card and my husband has his Canadian Citizenship card. I was wondering can I or my husband can sponsor my parents from Afghanistan to immigrate to Canada also there is no Canadian embassy in Afghanistan.

Thank you so much for any information.
12/14/2020
Topic:
When does time spent in Canada without PR count?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi,
According to IRCC, each day you spent physically in Canada as a temporary resident within the last five years before becoming a PR, will count as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days towards your physical presence. Which means you still needs to be in Canada physically for at least two years as a PR.
Temporary resident status includes lawful authorization to enter or remain in Canada as a:
• Visitor,
• Student,
• Worker

Thanks.

russ wrote:
Hi,

I have been in Canada since August 2015. On a study permit, then on a Post Graduate work permit and now on an open work permit. When I get my PR (should be soon), does the time as a non-permanent resident count towards the citizenship calculator. I've heard from sources it does, but just looking for confirmation
12/22/2020
Topic:
Parent sponsorship

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
srikokulan wrote:
Hi, I am new to this Forum. I have a quick question. I sponsored my parents in 2012 and they landed in Canada February 2013 got landing card and PR card. in June 2013 they decided to go back to our home country Sri Lanka. if they want to comeback to Canada what are the option they have?
1- Apply permanent Residence again?
2-Super Visa
3-Renew the expired PR?

Thank you so much for any information.

Hi,
Since your parents left Canada more than 7 years, they can face the risk of losing their PR status. But...See below:

Can I lose my permanent resident status?

Yes, you can lose your permanent resident (PR) status.
If you haven’t been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years, you may lose your PR status
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1468&top=10

You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process.
You can lose your permanent resident status if:
  • an adjudicator determines you are no longer a permanent resident after an inquiry or PRTD appeal;
  • you voluntarily renounce your permanent resident status;
  • a removal order is made against you and comes into force; or
  • you become a Canadian citizen.
Even if you don't meet the residency obligation, you are still a PR until an official decision is made on your status.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

So, your parents need first to attempt applying for a Permanent resident travel document:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Thank you.
1/4/2021
Topic:
sponsorship refusal

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
bilo wrote:
the agent said' Based on the assessment of your information, including your request, the
supporting documentation and the information you provided during the interview, I am not
convinced that your marriage to your respondent is genuine or that it has not been established for
needs of acquiring permanent resident status in Canada.
what can i do?

Hi,

Only spouses or partners who submitted outland sponsorship under the Family Class to CPC Sydney can appeal

Right to appeal — visa refusal of family class

63 (1) A person who has filed in the prescribed manner an application to sponsor a foreign national as a member of the family class may appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division against a decision not to issue the foreign national a permanent resident visa.

I believe that if the couple made an inland sponsorship, they probably need to resubmit the application or seek the federal court decision to review the initial decision instead of appealing to the Immigration Appeal Division
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions.html#refusal

I believe there is a certain deadline where an applicant can appeal a decision. You may need to contact a lawyer https://www.legalaid.on.ca/lawyers-legal-professionals/for-refugee-and-immigration-lawyers/

Thanks
3/12/2021
Topic:
Citizenship Application and Living Abroad

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
felixtae wrote:
I have submitted an application for citizenship half a year ago. It is now being processed. I am wondering if I can depart from the country for 1 year later this year. My father passed away last year in January. It was planned to return to my country in summer to take care the inheritance process, which needs to be done through the courthouse. It has not been done for very obvious reasons. I planned to go back for a year this summer to finish the court process as well as to sort out and repair the family properties. Can I leave for the whole year? Would this void or invalidate my citizenship application?

Thanks.

Hi,
According to the IRCC, you need to be available for the test if you need to pass one as well as for the oath ceremony. In the case you are not available, you need to provide them with an explanation.
Check the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

You may be invited to take the citizenship test within weeks after we send you the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter.
About 1 to 2 weeks before the test, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location.

Check your junk folder for our emails
  • If you gave us your email address in your application, we’ll contact you by email.
  • To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
  • Look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca.”

If you’re not available on the day of your appointment, send us a message to explain why and get a new date. If you don’t give an explanation or your explanation isn’t reasonable, we may stop processing your application and not grant you citizenship. You can either:
  • email or write to the local office that sent you the notice or
  • use the online web form
Generally, once we receive your e-mail or letter, we’ll schedule your appointment on a different date. We’ll let you know by email if you gave us your email address or mail you a letter if we don’t have your email address.

Thank you.
Lahbib
3/12/2021
Topic:
How do you enter the country without a PR card?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
isslandboy wrote:
Hi all,

Wife has been accepted for PR, we currently are in Panama, her PR card will be shipped to home address in Canada. How does one #1 board an aircraft to get to Canada without the PR card, I am sure the airline will not accept her acceptance letter as proof of citizenship! #2, what happens at arrival with no PR card? The application stated we were applying from outside of Canada, what a mess this IRCC is!

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi,
I believe the following link will shed some light on your situation:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
Thank you.
Lahbib
3/29/2021
Topic:
Address on Citizenship Application

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
tamara wrote:
I am ready to submit my citizenship application. I signed a new lease agreement and will be moving houses a couple of weeks after I send my application. Should I indicate the new residence address in the application for Canadian citizenship form? or since I am still not living in this house I have to apply using the address where I currently reside and then notify them of the address change later? I am worried the address change will delay the processing of my application.
Should I attach a letter to my application explaining that I am moving houses or this will be confusing?

Hi,
According to the instructions on your application for Canadian citizenship, you can see clearly that they asked about your CURRENT address. Since you have not moved yet, you can always informed them of the change of your address using the IRCC Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks.
Lahbib
3/29/2021
Topic:
Mice and Temperature setting issues

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
gia922 wrote:
This is about the rental place in Cabbage Town.
I've rented the unit in the basement for 1290 per month for a year.
It is utilities included and given that the location is considered in downtown, i thought it was fair but it is not little money for a freelancing student over 30-year-old single woman.
I am from s.korea and english is my second language. The reason i'm explaining all this is because i want to make sure whether there could have been any misunderstanding from my side.

There was no mentioning of mice issue before the contract, i know who would, but at first i thought it was because it is a house. i got help from my parents and was able to keep them away for over 9 months. This is my 10th month and i am preparing to move out so just gave the landlord notice today.
Notice date: March 10 2021
Moving out date: May 10 2021
Originally my contract finishes on april 28th but i was told by the landlord that the notice date should be in the MID-MONTH and it's in the Ontario regulation. But the contract paper both parties signed did not mention the mid-date rule and i asked the landlord where to find the rule in the Board.

Another issue is that the temperature in the house is around 19 C and it was okay but after the landlord came by to check the mice issue, he changed the temperature without letting me know. Now, it became 17 C. I assumed that it's because the weather outside is getting warmer but i'm not too sure why he did without notifying me.

Please help me out - whether i have to stay until the mid-month of May? I really want to get out of this place and never talk to them anymore.

Hi,
Please check the following links for more details regarding how to end a tenancy and what date to use on the notice of termination FORM N9:
https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/moving/giving-notice-your-landlord
https://stepstojustice.ca/steps/housing-law/2-choose-correct-termination-date
https://tribunalsontario.ca/documents/ltb/Brochures/How%20a%20Tenant%20Can%20End%20Their%20Tenancy%20(EN).html#:~:text=You%20must%20provide%20the%20landlord,day%20of%20a%20rental%20period.
Thanks,
Lahbib
3/29/2021
Topic:
Can I apply earlier for Canadian Citizenship?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Annilly wrote:
Hi. I came to Canada in 2013 as foreign worker, got married in 2015 n my husband did sponsorship application for me n I got my PR status in Nov 8, 2019.
Can I apply now for citizenship n if not when is the soonest to apply ?
Thanks.

Hi,

The first thing you need to do is complete the Online Physical Presence Calculator in order to know if you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship based on the time you spent in Canada.
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en
"You may be able to use some of your time spent in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person towards your physical presence calculation. Each day spent physically in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident within the last five (5) years, will count as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days towards your physical presence."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step1
According to the information you provided, you have not cumulated two years yet as a PR in case you need to add the extra time (One year max) that you spent in Canada as a temporary resident.
Thanks,
Lahbib
4/7/2021
Topic:
Physical Presence Calculator

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
tamara wrote:
I have the following questions regarding the physical calculator:
  • I know that the the physical calculator covers absences during the eligibility period. In my case, based on the date I am applying, the eligibility period starts in 1 July 2016. I left Canada before this date (November 2015) for one year. So when filling the ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates of absences from Canada, what should the date left Canada on the first absence be. Should it be the same date as the eligibility period start date or the actual date I left Canada which is before the eligibility date/the start date on the physical calculator?
  • According to the instructions in the physical calculator “if you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in the destination and list the other countries in the reason field”. When highlighting the other countries in the reason field, should I also include the reason for visit for each? when I tried doing that I get an error that the number of characters is not enough.

Hi Tamara,
As you know, the eligibility period used for the purpose of applying for Canadian citizenship application covers 5 years only. When calculating the absences, the system won't allow you to use dates prior of the start of the 5 years eligibility period, even if the absence started before. You will receive this note: "An absence you have entered is partially or completely outside the relevant five-year period"
Regarding the different countries you visited during the same absence, you can use (Max 400 characters) in the "field Reason"
Thank you.
Lahbib