Ottawabound

all messages by user

4/15/2017
Topic:
Expired PR card, may travel to Canada soon

Ottawabound
Ottawabound
Hi there,

My wife is a Canadian citizen, we live together in LA. My PR card expired last year. We have decided to move to Ottawa in the fall and my wife is flying there in May to check out a prospective school for our 7-year-old. I might have the opportunity to join her (just flying in for the school tour then flying back while she stays on with her mom for a few more days).

What forms do I need to submit in order to make this trip?

Do I need to make an urgent request to renew my PR card? Or do I ask for a PR Travel Document? Both??

Many thanks in advance for your reply!
5/8/2017
Topic:
Expired PR card, may travel to Canada soon

Ottawabound
Ottawabound
Follow up to my earlier post: I sent in an application for a PR Travel Document two days after my first post, so about three weeks ago. I have been checking the status of the application online, but until this morning it didn't show anything. Now it says "error on application, please contact administrator". I called the number on the top of my receipt (1-888-242-2100 Hours (local time)/Heures (heure locale): 08:00 - 16:00), but the call won't go through. As I am called from the US, perhaps that is the reason?

Does anyone have contact information to reach the appropriate people to ask about this error in my application?

Thanks!!

John