Settled1

all messages by user

8/29/2017
Topic:
Application for citizenship forms

Settled1
Settled1
Good day all,

In the process of applying for Canada citizenship for which I have started filling the online provided, originally savable/editable PDF forms marked with "CIT 0002 (06-2017) E", only to realize today that there have been another/new version marked: "CIT 0002 (08-2017) E" and now its no longer savable/editable but must be filled and printed at once, questions:

1) Aren't they identically the same?
2) Since they're the same, couldn't I continue on using the the older version "CIT 0002 (06-2017) E", print and submit it once complete?
3) There are conflicting ID photos requirements; "The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″)" and "The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″).", which is the current/correct one?

Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
G.
8/29/2017
Topic:
Supporting Documents - Citizenship Application

Settled1
Settled1
Hello everyone,

This must've been answered before, for the life of me, I couldn't find clear answers, forgive me.

1) What are the supporting documents required with the application for Canada citizenship?

2) In addition to the document checklist (CIT0007E-2), do I include suggested list and/or every possible related/relevant document with the application or do I wait until I'm asked to provide them by the CIC/IRCC, if any?

Would truly appreciate your input.

Thanks,
8/29/2017
Topic:
Application for citizenship forms

Settled1
Settled1
PMM wrote:
Hi

Settled1 wrote:
Good day all,

In the process of applying for Canada citizenship for which I have started filling the online provided, originally savable/editable PDF forms marked with "CIT 0002 (06-2017) E", only to realize today that there have been another/new version marked: "CIT 0002 (08-2017) E" and now its no longer savable/editable but must be filled and printed at once, questions:

1) Aren't they identically the same?
2) Since they're the same, couldn't I continue on using the the older version "CIT 0002 (06-2017) E", print and submit it once complete?
3) There are conflicting ID photos requirements; "The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″)" and "The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″).", which is the current/correct one?

Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
G.

1. YOu have to use the latest forms and the new photo instructions. If you don't, your application will be returned as incomplete and not processed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Thanks for your response.
5/18/2018
Topic:
Citizenship: Interview to Ceremony Time-frame.

Settled1
Settled1
Hi ALL

I'v applied for and been to my citizenship test and interview on Jan the 19th 2018 during which I was asked to get a foreign police certificate, as the last needed piece, which I did and got delivered to CIC on March 27th 2018 but no communication from CIC since, only the status "In Progress" online.

I understand the usual time-frame between the last interview and the citizenship ceremony is within 6 months, is this correct and should I attempt to contact CIC to inquire about the progress and to find out whether they received my last courier or not?

Any thoughts or inputs you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
2/16/2022
Topic:
Super Visa Visitor Funds

Settled1
Settled1
Good day,

Sorry if this has been answered before, question:

Does the Super Visa Visitor (Parents and Grandparents Program) have to show/present funds as stated in application under section "funds available for my stay" in cash on entry into Canada?

Otherwise, what are the other safer and accepted ways they can be presented/transferred or saved in a local Canadian bank for them?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
M.
3/14/2022
Topic:
Super Visa Visitor Funds

Settled1
Settled1
Good day and many thanks for your time and response, very helpful,
Yes, all other aspects were properly covered.
I asked as within the main application document: (imm5257e), under part: "DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA" in the required window: "*funds available for my stay" referring to the grandparent/visitor, a certain amount was entered, about a year ago, things have changed and they’re concerned about carrying it in the only format available there (cash) and I was wondering if they could be questioned on entry to verify accuracy of info. entered in application.
Just making sure they cover all requirements to further facilitate their travel and would truly appreciate your thoughts on this, if possible

Many thanks,
M.
4/3/2022
Topic:
Super Visa Visitor Funds

Settled1
Settled1
Hello,
Again, I'm truly grateful for your time and sorry if I have not been very clear.

Yes, all aspects of the application including that of the sponsors finances have been fulfilled, my inquiry was specific to applicant's finances as stated in application, for which, now we know they will not be asked for proof, thanks for your input, very helpful.

Over a month ago a Medical Exam was requested and passed by the applicant and status was updated to: "We are processing your background check..." and we are anxiously awaiting the next update.

Fingers crossed.

Have a good weekend.
M.

================================================================
Moderator wrote:
Hello M,

Thank you for sharing your questions with us! We are happy to provide a high-level answer to your question.
The funds inputted in the IMM 5257e form, under “Details of Visit to Canada”, would have had to be verified through one of the methods stated in the previous answer (T4, Notice of Assessment, bank statement, verbal written statements of support, pay stubs, etc.) through the application process. Once approved and a temporary visa has been granted, those same documents need not be shown again upon entry. A verification of the accuracy of the information provided on the application is not routine procedure.

It is not required to carry the sums noted in the application. The form asks what funds are available to support the applicant’s stay in Canada. The funds can remain in a bank account anywhere so long as the applicant has access.

You can find more information on travelling into Canada with cash here.

Please let us know if you have further questions.
Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
Disclaimer: This document does not contain legal advice. This document was prepared with the assistance of PBSC Western University law student volunteers. PBSC volunteers are not lawyers and they are not authorized to provide legal advice. This document contains general discussion of certain legal and related issues only. If you require legal advice, please consult with a lawyer.
4/28/2022
Topic:
Super Visa Visitor Funds

Settled1
Settled1
Hello again,

Happy to confirm, application has been approved and visa received,

My understanding is that Super Visas are normally valid for 10 years with 2 years renewable stay intervals.

Visa was issued on Apr 12 2022 and expires on Apr 04 2025, applicant's passport expires on Apr 03 2025, which could be the reason for the Visa's shorter validity, correct?

Questions please:

1) Applicant's passport will need to be renewed while in Canada prior to their return; if the visitor prefers to extend their stay while in Canada, would they be able to apply for the usually allowable two year stay extension on the same Super Visa, if not, is there another application method to facilitate a longer stay or extension?

2) Otherwise, after leaving Canada on time, if the visitor would like to return for another visit, would they be able to apply for the usually allowable two year stay extension on the same Super Visa or would they need to start a new one year application process allover again?

Your input is very valuable to us, we are truly grateful for it,

I look forward to your response

Regards
M.
8/21/2022
Topic:
Super Visa Holder and Permanent Residence

Settled1
Settled1
Good day,

Can a sponsored Parent / Grandparent Super Visa holder apply for Permanent Residence in Canada while in Canada on their Super Visa?

The Super Visa holder meets the minimum required physical presence of 730 days during and part of their 2.5 years stay.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
M.
3/29/2023
Topic:
Super Visa Visitor Funds

Settled1
Settled1
Hi,

We simply followed all requirements very closely and included bank statements in application but at no point they were asked for proof of funds they had or were carrying on arrival.

Hope this helps.
M.

setteled21 wrote:
Hi Settled1,
I wanted to know what did you use in available funds for stay? I understood your question. As, I am supporting my parents for everything and they don’t have sufficient funds in their bank account so I don’t want to attach their bank statement.